Chapter 19

Author here

So some comments seem to be more negative, but I just want to make sure people are actually enjoying? Is this okay writing, or should I stop with this book? Also I know some people don't like me calling Corpse, James, so I've just been writing Corpse, but he hasn't revealed his identity so please stop hating on the fictional name in a fictional story.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Corpse and I were now on a small boat off the coast of Iceland. There was only us, and the boat driver who was o the other end. We were completely to ourselves, and Corpse's features were more relaxed now. He found my hand and wrapped our fingers tightly as we sat on the edge of the deck.

Corpse was looking behind the boat when he stated "I miss my sister." I looked at him surprised, he had never mentioned family before, and he took it as a touchy subject. I squeezed his hand in hopes of some comfort. "We can make plans to visit her." I said softly, hoping he'd look at me again. "We can't just see her, Sy." He sounded distant, his mind wandering somewhere else. "My mom wouldn't let her see me anyway." He whispered. "How old is she?" " She's going to be 17 this year." He now turned his head forward, a sad expression on his features. "Why can't you see her?" I made sure to ask cautiously, not wanting to upset him anymore. He stuttered a bit, "We-Well we never had a good relationship, and when I dropped out in 8th grade, she deemed me the worst son possible, and let me just be a wonderer. Homeless. She doesn't even let me contact her. I just hope one day I can help her get of that home, my mom isn't a nice person." It hurt my heart to here this, because Corpse was extremely kind and deserving of love. "what's your sister's name?" " Maddy, well Maddison but Maddy for short." He rubbed against my fingers. I decided to try to move past the subject, and just in time I could see fishes jumping out the water. I laughed in excitement at the sight, pointing to the water. I stood up, releasing Corpse's hand to stand and look over deck. The water was clear blue and it seemed too good to be true.

Corpse came to the the deck, wrapped his arms around me and laid his head on my shoulder. I smiled to myself, what I had now was so wonderful. Corpse was my family now, and I couldn't be more in love.

Corpse's phone began ringing, and he annoyedly took it from his pocket. The caller ID said Rae. "What?" he said when he picked up. Rae had a booming screech in her voice. "TOAST" is all I heard her say. Corpse was white in the face. "He's here" he said almost silently. "What?" I grabbed at his shirt. Corpse closed his phone and ended the call with a click. "Toast is here." He exclaimed again, more aggressively.

I don't know what took over, but I felt my knees grow weak and my eyes fill with tears. Corpse immediately went to the boat front and had the driver pull us back to port. When we made it back, Corpse quickly jumped onto the deck and pulled me off the boat. He had a harshness in his tug and he literally dragged me from the port all the way to our rental home. I was pulled in with a harsh yank and Corpse slammed the door behind me. "Babe babe- you're hurting my arm" I whimpered. Corpse released my arm, and sunk into my shoulder. He held me gently now, his voice was broken. "Why won't he leave you be happy baby?"
"I don't know Corpse. I I don't really know."