"Come on, baby, you don't want to try the actual cake?" Asked Aurora, bringing a bite to his lips.

He immediately avoided the fork, instead choosing to go back to licking his hands which were completely covered with the fluffy sweetness.

"No, mama," Xander pouted. "Chocowate yummy."

"Mmm, it's so good and it's all going into mama's tummy," She slowly brought the fork to her lips, before taking a bite. She made an exaggerated noise, one that made Xavier chuckle, as she pretended to faint at how delicious the cake tasted.

Her exaggeration had caught the attention of the toddler who looked at his mother with a calculating gaze. She could see the internal battle he was having before he grabbed the fork from her and took his own bite of the cake, partially missing his mouth.

His mama most definitely did not lie. The toddler's eyes brightened and he immediately reached out for the cake.

"Woah," Aurora quickly slid the plate away, not wanting it to get messier than it already was. "Alright, let mama help you, okay?"

"Okway, mama," Xander muttered as Aurora fed him a toddler-sized bite. "Thank mama."

"Your welcome, baby," she grinned, planting a kiss onto his rosy cheeks. "My Xander's so polite."

Xavier laughed quietly, taking a bite of his own slice. "Must take after his father."

Aurora snorted, nudging her husband. "Yeah, says the one who always gets what he wants."

"Says the one who always complies anyways," he retorted, causing her to smile. There was no use in denying it when it was the truth. As much as those around them liked to say how much Xavier doted on his beautiful wife, Aurora doted on her husband just as much. Seeing that their son was preoccupied with the dessert, Xavier leaned down and pecked her lips. "I love you."

"I love you, too," she murmured back, bringing her free hand up to caress his cleanly shaved jaw. "When do you think we should tell them?"

"We can tell them now— seeing that they're all here anyway," he suggested, making her nod with a beam in which he returned one with his own. Aurora could still never get over seeing her husband's handsome smile and she loved it even more when she knew it was because of her. Xavier turned his head and placed a small kiss on the palm of her hand— the simple act of affection made her heart flutter in her chest.

"We have an announcement to make," he said out loud, as he stood up, causing the chatter to quiet down. Aurora followed in suit, standing as she tried her best to clean the cake that covered her son's face and arms.

How the cake ended up in this child's hair was beyond Aurora and she already knew her wild child was going to need another bath tonight.

"Sweetheart?" She turned and looked into her husband's eyes, one that held so much love and affection. "You want to tell them?"

Aurora took a deep breath before looking at their family who stared at them with anticipation.

"I'm pregnant," she blurted, not knowing how else she was supposed to disclose the news. She hadn't planned on being the one to tell their family, so instead, she chose the easiest way to break the news.

There was a moment of silence before their backyard was full of cheers of excitement. Xander's eyes widened in surprise, confused at what everyone was cheering about before bringing his hands together to clap. Immediately, both Heather and Isabella rushed towards them, with their husbands in tow.

"I knew it," Isabella cheered, bringing Aurora in for a hug, before planting a kiss on her grandson's cheek. "Congratulations, dear."

"How would you have known before I did, ma?" Asked Xavier, curiously wondering if his wife had told them beforehand.