f o r t y o n e

Xavier continued to glare at Aurora as she looked anywhere but at him.

She was whistling— well, pretending to whistle since she couldn't actually whistle, all while ignoring Xavier's scrutinizing stare as she wrapped the spring roll in front of her.

"Doesn't this one look pretty?" She grinned sheepishly, holding the spring roll up for Xavier to see. "I think this is the best one I've made so far, don't you think?"

"Oh no," Xavier took the spring roll away from her hands and placed it with the rest. "You're not getting away with this one, love."

Aurora pouted, looking up at him with puppy dog eyes. She watched as his eyes soften and she knew she had him in the palm of her hands. Almost like he had to restrain himself, he immediately shifted his gaze into a stern one with a hint of playfulness. Oh, Aurora Young was the definition of sneaky.

And damn it, she had him right there.

"I love you," she murmured, wrapping her arms around his neck. Even as she placed a soft kiss on his lips, he didn't budge. The pout seemed to be permanently etched onto his face. "You know you're the most handsome man in my eyes."

"Promise?" He murmured, slowly giving into her.

"Promise," she grinned happily, having successfully escaped.

"She's lying," Elijah had to choose this moment to butt in. "I'm obviously the best looking one in her eyes."

Xavier rolled his eyes, flashing the middle finger at Elijah behind Aurora's back. He sighed, before planting soft kisses on her lips. "I love you, more."

"Whipped," coughed Liam, suddenly popping up next to Damien unannounced.

Of course, Damien had to add his input. "Pussy," he coughed, fist-bumping Liam.

Xavier rolled his eyes and glared at the two immature men. "Yeah, just wait until you two get girlfriends, and then, we'll see who's laughing. How'd you even get in?"

"Keys," grinned Liam, causing Xavier's eyebrows to scrunch with confusion.

"I don't remember giving a copy— you fucking asshole," Xavier lunged towards Liam, which took Liam by surprise as the blond man was now trapped in a headlock.

"Hey man," struggled Liam, trying to pry Xavier's arms away. "It's not my fault your girlfriend likes to leave her keys around the office."

Aurora glared at her boss, feeling offense. "Leaving them on my desk doesn't mean I just leave them around."

Liam deadpanned. "Aurora, you left them on the coffee machine in the break room— you're lucky I recognize that disgusting matching keychain you and Xavier have."

"Hey," She protested. "Leave our keychains alone— they're cute." She shifted her gaze to Xavier who looked at her with disbelief. "I swear I left them there on purpose."

"Uh-huh," Xavier looked at her unamused. "I'm sure you left them there on the coffee machine on purpose, sweetheart."

She gave him a sheepish smile as he pushed Liam away and began stalking towards her.

"Hey!" Liam protested, looking offended.

Xavier ignored him and continued towards Aurora. She already knew she was about to get an earful. She immediately got down from the kitchen stool and backed away.

"Why did you even need your keys to make coffee? What did I say about leaving your things everywhere, love?"

He continued to nag as she ran through the kitchen with him following closely behind her. Aurora skillfully dodged the remaining group in the kitchen and even noticing that Maddie and Lucas seemed to have disappeared.