bonus #5

A Christmas Bonus

"Are you ready to go Christmas shopping, baby?"

Aurora twisted her body, looking back at her now 3, almost 4-year-old son, who had just woken up from his nap. Xander's brown locks were disheveled, sticking up in all directions, as evidence of the nice nap. There was something about a long drive that always made her son knock out as soon as they were on the road.

"Cwistmas!" Xander cheered quietly, not wanting to wake up his younger brothers, but sadly the one in his carseat beside his sleeping twin was a light sleeper and had already woken up.

Next to him, in a similar carseat, quietly slept his 1-year-old twin brother. Jared Knight, the older twin, lifted his head groggily, the confused expression when he didn't know where they were made Aurora chuckle and coo at her adorable son.

Xavier smoothly parked the Tesla into an empty space and turned off the engine, before looking at his wife with a gentle smile playing on his lips.

A mother's love was the most unconditional and purest form of love.

And that was true. He watched as her smile brightened every time she looked at their sons and even saw the twinkle in her eyes that held so much love for all three boys. It was evident how much she loved them and he couldn't help but love her even more because of that.

Xavier's hand was on her thigh, gently caressing her jean cladded thigh as she listened intently to Xander's excited whispers. With a black long-sleeved turtleneck that hugged her figure paired with a denim jacket, no one could tell she was the mother of 3 beautiful boys with another one on the way.

 With a black long-sleeved turtleneck that hugged her figure paired with a denim jacket, no one could tell she was the mother of 3 beautiful boys with another one on the way

Both Xavier and Xander had on a similar outfit— a jean jacket with black jeans. Aurora tried her best to dress the twins as warm as possible, not wanting them to catch a cold with their weaker immune systems. Never had Xavier ever imagined that he would be coordinating outfits with his wife and kids, yet here he was, abiding by his wife's wishes to match. Not that he would ever admit it, but it actually didn't take much convincing on Aurora's end. He secretly enjoyed the fact that it made them look complete.

The family of 5 had just arrived at Glendale Galleria and the Americana at Brand, which was one of the largest outdoor and indoor shopping centers in the Los Angeles area. And Christmas was the perfect time to visit, as the mall outdid themselves every year with the Christmas decorations, giving kids of all ages a taste of the holiday spirit.

Aurora was smart to decide to go Christmas shopping a couple of weeks before the rush of last-minute present buying. And since it was also a weekday, the mall wasn't entirely busy and instead of waiting 30 minutes to find a parking spot, it had taken less than 5.

Wanting to spend the day with his beautiful wife and kids, Xavier had decided to take the day off, but who would dare go against him and his decision?