t h i r t y s i x

"Do you really have to go?"

Xavier wrapped his arms around Aurora as she continued to pack her carryon suitcase. It was finally the weekend and Aurora couldn't wait to spend some time with the girls. Megan needed it and they were going to be there for her.

It was a spontaneous trip— one that Aurora was looking forward to 100%. She liked that it wasn't planned beforehand and that there was no specific itinerary to be followed. She wasn't one to plan meticulously, which was the complete opposite of Xavier since he preferred planning ahead. The girls were going to relax, eat, and gossip to their heart's content— all without their men present.

But for some reason, Xavier was feeling a little extra clingy. Not that she minded— she found it cute.

"We're not even going far— we're just to your family vacation house by the beach," she murmured as she struggled to zip up the suitcase. And Xavier definitely wasn't making it easier with his arms wrapped around her waist.

Again, he was feeling clingy.

It was only a three-day two-night trip, yet here she was, overpacking as usual. Xavier wondered why she needed to pack 5 different types of tops, bottoms, and dresses as well as a variety of shoes when all she really needed was two changes of clothing.

Her answer, well, it was better to be prepared than unprepared. What if they were going out to a fancy restaurant and she didn't have a nice outfit to wear? What if she was eating a sandwich and all of the contents fell out onto her outfit, but she didn't have a spare change of clothing?

There was an endless amount of possibilities, therefore she needed different types of clothing for different situations. It really was a simple concept.

To Xavier, it didn't make any sense. But despite not quite understanding this logic, he knew it was best not to question her any further.

"I don't understand why I'm not invited," he murmured against the skin on her neck, planting small kisses as he tried to distract her. But he was too late, she had finally managed to zip her suitcase up.

Slightly out of breath, she turned in his arms. She had to bite back a smile as she stared at his sullen expression.

"Babe, it's a girls' trip," she emphasized, causing his mood to dampen even more. "I'll be back before you know it."

"You can't look this good, and expect me to just let you go," he murmured, taking a minute to appreciate what his beautiful girlfriend was wearing.

She had on a lace white bralette with a jean skirt held up by a black leather belt. It was a simple outfit, yet it drove Xavier crazy just looking at her. He was really tempted to just lock her up in the bedroom with him.

Aurora gasped when he tugged her closer by the waist and began to trail sweet kisses down her neck again

Aurora gasped when he tugged her closer by the waist and began to trail sweet kisses down her neck again. "Are you trying to tempt me into not go on this relaxing trip with your sisters?"