s i x t e e n

She couldn't do it.

It was simple, really. She was going to just somehow appear in front of Xavier at his office and hope he listened to her explanation for ghosting him the past couple of days. Sadly, couldn't even bring herself to even leave her apartment.

Maddie had decided to sleep over and the two had stayed up talking until Maddie had fallen asleep at 3AM. Aurora ended up staying up all night mentally preparing herself to go see Xavier.

Then morning came quickly as Aurora continued to lie awake in her bed. Before Maddie left her apartment, she gave Aurora a stern look, urging the girl to go see her brother.

But of course, she chickened out last minute.

She was a coward.

Not only did she end up not going to talk to Xavier, but she also decided to take the day off from work. Instead, Aurora did what Aurora did best.

Pace around her apartment while sulking.

This was, of course, after she crawled back into bed after Maddie left.

When she woke up again, it was noon. After eating a quick lunch, she paced around the apartment while typing up more drafts on her phone all afternoon. Then she went to sulk in her bed. This process repeated a couple times until she decided it was time to go out for some fresh air before she officially went crazy.

It was around 5PM when she decided to go to a nearby market to look around. Call her weird, but grocery shopping always de-stressed her.

That was how she found herself walking back to her apartment an hour later holding 2 bags of groceries in her left hand while eating a Melona popsicle. This was all after she swore she was only going to look around the store.

Since it was practically still wintertime, people stared at her like she was out of her mind as they walked past her. She had been too lazy to change out of her large t-shirt that she usually wore to sleep, so she just simply slipped on a large coat over it.

Her legs were bare and she was really starting to regret her decision of not changing into leggings. Her feet were covered in a pair of fuzzy socks that did not match her lavender Adidas slides and her hair was blowing messily in the wind.

She was a literal mess.

But she didn't give a fuck. There were only two things going through her mind at the moment—

    one: her popsicle was going to melt if she didn't finish it soon

    two: it was fucking cold

Aurora picked up her pace as the wind began to pick up. Why did she decide to eat a popsicle in the middle of winter? Because it looked delicious.

Great reasoning, Aurora.

Just as she walked into the parking lot, she took the last bite of the Popsicle. She threw the stick into a nearby trashcan as her face distorted, feeling a brain freeze form.

As she continued further into the parking lot, she froze in her tracks when she saw a familiar figure sitting on the steps that led up to her apartment.

There he was, staring straight at her, eyes never leaving hers. She wasn't even sure if he was blinking.

What was he doing here?

She wasn't exactly planning to see him until tomorrow. Her mind began to race as she thought about what she was going to say to him. Maybe she would just have him read from her phone without having to say anything at all.