The Other Side ~ Song Fic ~ fluff/comfort/light angst

Hamilsquad x Burr (platonic), side Hamburr

First song fic--The Other Side, from The Greatest Showman! In which Burr just got bullied and made fun of after people saw him performing to himself. He loves theatre and recently moved to a new school. the Revolution Squad saw his performance and (especially Hamilton) wanted him to join their theatre team. Ofc Aaron is now terrified of showing his talent anymore because he was now made fun of. People use him and stuff, which made him more insecure. So now Alex wants him to join him and take a shot for once, and Herc, John, and Laf, really respect and appreciate him so they also want to convince him to join. Alex made the offer countless times, and Burr turned him down. This scene takes place right after he got beat up. 

Also this is totally gonna be a disney scene and no one is gonna question the random singing

Also this is cringe. thx. only warning is language and cringe. :) 

Alex stared at Burr, his lonely, frail figure sitting sadly hunched over papers. He was heartbroken...tired of being alone. Burying himself in work because it takes the pain away. Alex knew--because it was once him. Aaron sniffled, wiping at his eyes as Hamilton stepped forward, pity and hope evident as he gently rested a hand over Burr's shoulder. 

"hey...you alright...?" Aaron only nodded, carefully shoving his shoulder away as he stared at the papers. 

"You shouldn't talk to me. They'll make more fun of you too." He whispered. The male behind him felt his heart drop. It was unfair...the way people would bother and tease him for his loneliness, the way people would laugh and enjoy pushing him around. "I'm a freak." Alex spun him around slowly, "What if I told you something?" Aaron sniffled, hugging himself, 

"what do you mean?"

"Right here, right now. I put the offer out, I don't want to chase you down, I know you see it,"

Aaron looked at him confused, why would Hamilton invite him to his gang--the play? Didn't they hate him? Doesn't he belong with the other group..no matter how rude they are? Wouldn't they despise him for his passion for theatre--the passion he and Rev squad share? Alexander pulled him by his arm, dragging him to the stage he dreamed to perform on for years...yet he waited. They were all so talented...but so was he. They were the only people that could see it--Alexander the first one to encourage him on it. Hamilton reached for his hand, pulling him onto the stage as he began to dance, spinning himself around. 

"You run with me, And I can cut you free, Out of the drudgery and walls you keep in," 

He pushed down one of the walls on the set, pulling Aaron and tempting him to do so as well, but Burr only turned around. He refused to look into Hamilton's hopeful eyes. Three people entered the room, beaming as they saw both of their friends onstage. Aaron grew pale and tried to run off stage--he can wait--right? Alexander pulled him by his arm and spun him back.

"So trade that typical for something colorful, And if it's crazy, live a little crazy, you can play it sensible, a king of conventional, Or you can risk it all and see..."

John came from behind him, reaching for his hands as he laughed and twirled him around, Lafayatte doing the same and herc singing along with Alex. Herc reached for Aaron (who was freaking out) and linked his arm with him, twirling his feet at the music.

"Don't you wanna get away from the same old part you gotta play, 'Cause I got what you need, so come with me and take the ride! It'll take you to the other side"

Oh--that was always why Burr had loved theatre--it could take him to the other side. It could shift him away from the world he lived in. Misunderstood and rejected, but the group was so kind and tempting to him...they made him feel human. Not some robot minion for Jefferson, or some cushion for Madison--he was respected for his talent. his talent was his passion...and that alone was amazing. Yet he remained reluctant, gazing at the star in the banner of the stage wistfully, before marching for the steps to leave. No point in getting attached to a dream he could never have.  They all spun each other, the four of them laughing as they tried to make Aaron dance too.