Possession

"Wei Wuxian. Come to me, Hei'an Tianshi. Come to me. I command you."

Lan Zhan was frozen in his fear. He watched as his loved one laid in the bed, staring off at nothing. "W-Wei Ying...?" he finally managed to say. He stuttered, and his voice cracked. Wei Ying responded but not to his husband. Instead, he rose from the bed and walked out. Lan Zhan caught him just before he could leave the Jingshi. "Wei Ying?"

The boy's eyes were still a deep crimson red. He was crying. "Lan Zhan...help me..." he pleaded before the same force took him over. Lan Zhan pulled him in, holding him tightly in his arms. The spell Wei Ying was under struggled against the Lan's arm strength. When it couldn't free itself on pure physical strength, it released a massive dark cloud of energy and attacked Lan Zhan with it. Lan Zhan held firmly.

Lan Zhan: "Will never let you go again." The dark energy subsided somewhat. It remained frozen, almost as if it were under the confusion of two different commands.

Wei Ying bit Lan Zhan's neck. The bite was hard enough to draw blood. Lan Zhan ignored it. "...Help me..." Wei Ying whimpered. Blood was trickling down Lan Zhan's neck and staining his robes. The dark energy subsided more. It wrapped itself around its master protectively.

Lan Zhan lifted Wei Ying and carried him to Xichen's. He didn't need to go far. Xichen met him along the way to the Hanshi. "Wangji? Has something happened to Wei Gongzi?" Lan Zhan nodded. Xichen grew very concerned. "Is it the child?" Lan Zhan shook his head. "I see. It's much worse. Bring him to the Hanshi quickly! We must make haste!" They arrived a few minutes later. Lan Zhan refused to release Wei Ying. "Tell me exactly what happened."

Lan Zhan thought for a moment. He wasn't good at speaking complicated sentences. He said one word, "Music."

Xichen was a bit confused at first, but the more he thought on it, the more he understood. Given Wei Ying's condition, it could be possible a song affected him in some way. "Which song was it you played and from which score book?"

Lan Zhan paused for a moment before speaking. "'Worry' from 'Ancient Music Scores'." That explained a lot.

Xichen: "I will go fetch it. You stay here with Wei Gongzi. I will return soon." Lan Zhan had no intention of releasing his hold on the boy anytime soon. Xichen didn't even know if Lan Zhan had heard him, for his brother was paying more attentively to the boy in his arms.

Wei Ying: "Lan Zhan...I'm cold...It's so cold..." Lan Zhan wrapped a blanket around him and himself using his qi. Wei Ying was still shivering. Lan Zhan transfered some of his qi to him. After a few minutes, Wei Ying became more comfortable and slept. The dark energy subsided completely. Lan Zhan sighed with relief. His grip was still tight though. He wasn't trusting it.

Xichen returned about ten minutes later with the book. "Show me the song you played for him." With one arm holding his husband, Lan Zhan flipped through the pages, until he found the one with the strange letters. Xichen studied the score. His eyebrows furrowed in concern. "We need a spirit healer to cleanse him."

Lan Zhan grew pale immediately. "Brother...?"

Xichen nodded. "That's right, Wangji. He's been possessed by a dark being. It is unknown to me who it would be, but we must act immediately, or Wei Gongzi will lose all consciousness of himself. This song you played. It isn't known as 'Worry'. The lettering has been reversed. The song is actually a curse and it literally reads, 'Possession" if you read it the right way. I will go fetch the elders responsible for spirit cleansing. You continue what you're doing. Hopefully we aren't too late."

The song allowed for one to take control of another, so that person could do whatever they wanted to. To state it simply: one could create a human puppet. Wei Ying was that puppet.

Xichen was arguing with the elders over it. "I don't have time for this!" he hollered (which was forbidden). "One of our own may be in danger, but you would rather sit on your butts all day and do nothing about it! I am the sect leader! Not you bunch of old geezers! I make the rules! Not you! If you won't help, then it leaves me no other alternative than to ban you all! I'm sick of the stupidity within this room! I'm going to take him to QingheNie. At least they will be more cooperative than this bunch of idiots!" (Cursing was also forbidden, but to Xichen, they had it coming).

He returned to the Hanshi. Lan Zhan was hugging Wei Ying close, his face hidden in the crook of the other's neck. "Wangji. We are leaving for QingheNie. Those elders are being very uncooperative." He stopped and stared in shock. Small sobs were heard coming from the second jade. "Wangji?" He had never heard his brother cry before.

Wei Ying didn't seem to be moving, and he was deathly pale. Xichen bent down to check the boy's pulse. It was very weak. He touched Lan Zhan's shoulder. "Wangji. We are leaving immediately for QingheNie." Lan Zhan nodded in response, but still did not move. Xichen softly sighed. "Come on, Wangji. I know someone in QingheNie can help us."

Lan Zhan responded by standing while still holding Wei Ying, with his face buried. Xichen desperately wanted to help his brother, but he knew taking Wei Ying from him would be dangerous. Lan Zhan followed his brother while not being able to see where he was headed. Xichen tried to make him look up, but Lan Zhan refused.

Lan Xue met them along with Qiren. "Uncle Shee-shen!" He saw his father holding his papa. "What's wrong, Papa? What happened to Mama?" Lan Xue could sense something was wrong. Lan Zhan actually looked at his son, his face still half-buried.

Xichen spoke up. "Nothing happened," he lied. "Your mama only fell asleep. Your mama is a little sick at the moment, because of the new baby." Lan Xue seemed to accept the explanation as he nodded.

Lan Xue: "I guess so. Why do I not feel the baby?" Xichen paled but not as badly as Lan Zhan. Lan Xue was too insightful. Xichen had no idea the baby was affected. He didn't even think to check on the child, but Lan Zhan knew. He knew his child was in danger.

Qiren cleared his throat. "Lan Mudan. Don't ask personal questions." He gripped Lan Xue's hand and dragged him away.

Xichen: "We will be going somewhere for a few days. Please behave yourself while we're gone?" Lan Xue nodded. Xichen sighed in relief.

Once outside the gate, Xichen pulled out a teleportation talisman. They teleported to QingheNie. "Stay here, Wangji. I will go meet with Sect Leader Nie Mingjue." Lan Zhan nodded. Hold on, Wei Gongzi! Don't die on us!