A Surprise for Wei Ying

Wei Ying cleaned up everything. He even somehow managed to drag his husband to the bed without hurting himself. He was exhausted after all that. He flopped himself onto the bed, landing across Lan Zhan's legs. He looked at the sleeping face. "You fuddy-duddy. You better not get me pregnant again. I will have you castrated if you do." It was useless to say it. Lan Zhan was in a deep slumber. The boy sighed.

Maybe I'll go for a walk, he thought at first, but then changed his mind. He needed to be here incase Lan Zhan woke up and needed him. He knew good and well that the male would start panicking if he wasn't right there. He came to the decision to take a short nap instead. He crawled onto the other side of the bed, snuggling against his husband and fell asleep.

It was a short nap indeed. It felt that way anyway. He felt the area beside him. It was cold. "Lan Zhan...where'd you go?" he mumbled. He felt a cool hand touch his face. He relaxed immediately. His eyes fluttered open to find Lan Zhan was sitting on the bed, looking at him. "You're awake. That's good," he yawned. "What time is it anyway?"

Lan Zhan: "Near midnight. Sleep." The news surprised Wei Ying. He had only laid down for a nap and it was currently midnight.

Wei Ying: "Why aren't you sleeping?" he asked.

Lan Zhan: "Looking after Wei Ying. Wei Ying has a fever."

Wei Ying chuckled. "If I have a fever, it's all your fault, you fuddy-duddy." Lan Zhan couldn't reply to that. He looked away. His ears tinged a light pink. Wei Ying chuckled again. "Come to bed, so I can cuddle you. You're nice and warm, and it's cold in this bed alone." Lan Zhan obliged and laid down, pulling him into a tight embrace. Wei Ying snuggled up to him. The warmth was nice. He planted his face into Lan Zhan's chest. The two slept like that all night.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wei Ying's fever was broken the next day. Lan Zhan wanted to show him the place he was saving for a surprise, but he had to wait until nightfall to take him there. It was all the more reason why he had to keep his husband as busy as possible, so he took him out to explore the town. He bought Wei Ying whatever he desired. It was a good thing he was rich. Also, it was a good thing Wei Ying didn't want much. One of these days, Wei Ying might ask Lan Zhan to buy out the whole world!

If Lan Zhan were being honest with himself, he would do it in a heartbeat. He was feeling rather tired from the long afternoon. The sun was just beginning to sink down below the horizon. He stopped and watched his husband ponder over some knick knacks. Wei Ying seemed to glow with the fire of the setting sun. "Wei Ying." The boy looked his way. "Come."

Wei Ying: "Are we going somewhere?" he inquired. Lan Zhan nodded. Wei Ying ran up to him. "Where are we going then?" he asked, excited and curious.

Lan Zhan: "Will see." He wrapped Wei Ying's eyes with a blindfold, so he couldn't see. Then he unsheathed his sword, carried him, and flew off.

Wei Ying was a bit freaked out at first. He didn't know what was happening, because of the blindfold. "Lan Zhan?" When there was no answer, he freaked out, kicking around.

Lan Zhan: "Keep still. Don't move around." Wei Ying immediately calmed down. They flew out about an hour away from the town. Wei Ying gripped Lan Zhan's robes when he felt them descending. He didn't release his grip until he felt his feet touching the ground. "We're here." The blindfold was removed. "Look." It took a bit for Wei Ying's eyes to adjust to the light. Wei Ying gasped.

They were in a field filled with all kinds of flowers with every color imaginable. "Lan Zhan, what is this place?" he asked, his eyes never leaving the field.

Lan Zhan: "Rainbow Fields. Also known as Rainbow Mountain."

Wei Ying: "Is that because of the multicolored plants here?" Lan Zhan nodded. "So...why did you bring me here?"

Lan Zhan felt his ears grow hot. He went into one of his sleeves and pulled out something. His hand was still wrapped around it, so Wei Ying couldn't see it. He took his husband's hand and placed the object in it, closing the other's hand over it. "For you." He released Wei Ying's hand and looked away.

Wei Ying wondered why, until he opened his hand and saw the object. Wei Ying gasped again. The object was a rabbit carved from jade. It had a red tassel tied to it. Wei Ying felt he could cry, and he did indeed cry. "Lan Zhan! I love it!" Lan Zhan took it and tied it to his husband's belt. "Where did you find this?"

Lan Zhan had a difficult time speaking. He was embarrassed yet happy at the same time. "Made it for Wei Ying." He was still looking away.

Wei Ying was baffled. "You made this?" he asked, pointing to Lan Zhan and then at the jade rabbit.

Lan Zhan: "Mn. Read the bottom."

Wei Ying looked at the bottom. Sure enough, there was a message there. It read:

You are my love
And my life.
I love you forever.

Wei Ying cried more when reading the message. "Lan Zhan! I love you so much!" He jumped onto his husband, catching him in a kiss.

Truth be told, Lan Zhan actually wanted to give it to Wei Ying on their wedding day, but between everything that had been happening, he never had the time to finish it until now. Wei Ying's reaction was more than Lan Zhan had imagined. He returned the kiss, which had become urgent, with as much urgency. They were alone there, so Lan Zhan didn't make a fuss when Wei Ying loosened his sash belt. The two made love in that field until daybreak.