Little Lan Xue

The couple was sleeping peacefully. There was a rustling on the bed as someone crawled over the blankets. "Mama?" Wei Ying's eyes fluttered open. He saw Lan Xue sitting very close to his face. Wei Ying was surprised to see his son there. "Mama, I'm scared." The little two year old gave his papa a sad look. Wei Ying felt it was too adorable. He sat up carefully, so as to not awaken Lan Zhan.

Wei Ying motioned for Lan Xue to lay beside him. Lan Xue obliged. "What happened?" Wei Ying asked quietly. "What has frightened my little Mu-Mu?" Lan Xue sniffled a bit.

Lan Xue: "Mama, I had a bad dream." Wei Ying held his son closer to himself.

Wei Ying: "You know how your papa always handles the problem whenever I have bad dreams?" Lan Xue shook his head. "He sings to me. You want to hear the song?" Lan Xue nodded. Wei Ying hummed the song. It calmed Lan Xue down. The toddler fell asleep with a soft smile. Wei Ying went back to sleep. Unbeknownst to the two, Lan Zhan had been watching them the entire time. He smiled when he heard the song being hummed. He rolled over and pulled the two close to himself, holding them until morning.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wei Ying awakened an hour later. The twin girls were screaming for him. He slowly rose from his side of the bed. "Coming, little ones. Coming. How is it your father can sleep right through all this at night? Ugh...I can feel a headache coming on..."

"Wei Ying." Wei Ying turned around to find Lan Zhan already up and walking around. "Go to bed. Will take care of the girls."

Wei Ying sighed with relief and nodded. He laid the girls back in their cribs. Between the girls and his husband, he was exhausted. He fell into Lan Zhan. Lan Zhan caught him and carried him back to the bed. Lan Xue was already wide awake as well, though he still felt a bit sleepy. "Come," Lan Zhan said. "Let's go to Uncle Xichen's."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Wei Ying awoke again at some point. The sun was in his face. He wondered what the time was. A massive headache made its way to his eyes, and he had to close them again. He rolled away from the window. The pain in his head was unbearable. That's what I get for having kids. Ugh...my head is pounding...where's Lan Zhan? "Lan Zhan?"

A hand rested on his forehead. It was nice and cool. "Wei Ying. Am here. Sleep more." Wei Ying only nodded slightly. The pain in his head was harsh. The hand never moved away. He relaxed, managing to fall asleep again.

The next time he awoke, he found Lan Zhan laying beside him, reading. Moonlight poured in through the window. Something soft and cool was on Wei Ying's face. He reached up and touched it. It was a cloth. "Lan Zhan?"

Lan Zhan placed the book on the bedstand. He removed the cloth, setting it on the side of the bucket which was on the table. He checked his husband's temperature. "Good. Fever's gone."

Wei Ying: "I still have a slight headache though..." He tried sitting up, but Lan Zhan pushed him down again. "Ugh...I'm sick of being sick and in bed. Just kill me now and have it over with." The statement was sarcastic, but Lan Zhan couldn't stand hearing that kind of talking, so he spanked Wei Ying. "Hey! Why are you spanking your sick husband for? Hey!!" he cried out as he was spanked again. Lan Zhan didn't stop spanking him either.

Lan Zhan leaned in close to his husband's face. "Wei Ying. Never talk like that again." Wei Ying felt stifled with having the jade so close to him. A blush crept onto his cheeks. He was spanked again. The stimulation was too much. It was making his head swim again.

Wei Ying: "Lan Zhan. Please. Stop. I feel sick to my stomach." He felt bile rise to his mouth. He shoved Lan Zhan out of the way and ran to the basket beside the screen.

Lan Zhan was worried. He felt like he'd hurt his Wei Ying in some way. "Oh my! I wasn't expecting this. Wangji, what's wrong with Wei Gongzi? Did you impregnate him again?" Xichen teased his brother. Lan Xue followed behind him.

Lan Xue ran to his mother. "Mama, are you alright? Is it true? Will I have another little brother or sister to play with?"

Wei Ying: "No, Mu-Mu. Mama's only sick with a bad headache." Why did I just call myself that? Mama?! I am a male! Damn it! "Don't worry about me now. You go play with your friends."

Xichen: "I actually came to pick up the girls. I can see I was right to do so." Lan Xue was a bit saddened he wouldn't be having anymore siblings, but he perked up when he heard Xichen say they were having the twins over.

Wei Ying: "Thank you, Xichen." He nearly vomited again, but he managed to hold it back until the party left. Lan Zhan went to fetch the healer. Wei Ying was sick of being sick and sick of healers as well - especially the one! Qiru annoyed him for whatever reason. He only endured the man because of Lan Zhan.

Qiru walked in slowly. "Here we are again, Wei Gongzi. I swear you like me in some way. Are you fond of my company?" Over my dead body, Wei Ying thought to himself before giving a forced smile. He vomited again. "Now, how did this come about?"

Wei Ying: "Ask him!" He pointed at his husband, his face still in the bucket. Another wave of vomiting hit him. He didn't think he had anything left to give, but his body said otherwise.

Qiru sighed. He bent down next to Wei Ying and checked his pulse. After a few seconds of silence, Qiru opened his eyes, baffled. "I don't know how you did it, but this is amazing!"

Lan Zhan and Wei Ying were confused. "Is Wei Ying pregnant again?"

Wei Ying: "I'd better not be! I'll kill you, Lan Wangji, if I am!" he hollered, glaring at his husband.

Qiru: "Well...he is, but what I'm talking about is the purity of his energy! It wasn't this pure before!"

Wei Ying stopped the healer right there. "Wait a minute! You just said I was pregnant! Again?" He gave his husband a killing glare. Lan Zhan gulped.

Qiru: "That's right. About three weeks."

Wei Ying wasn't happy about it. Lan Zhan looked away, trying to ignore him. Lan Zhan was happy. His ears tinged with pink. After Qiru left, Wei Ying shouted at his husband, "How dare you?! I told you not to impregnate me again, but you did it anyway!"

Lan Zhan felt guilty. It wasn't his fault, but Wei Ying made him feel as if it was. Seeing the devastated expression on his husband, Wei Ying immediately stopped rampaging and calmed down. "It's alright, Lan Zhan. However, let's make this the last one? I don't think I could handle anymore." He kissed him on the cheek.

Lan Zhan embraced him in a tight hug. "Mn," he responded. "Will do what Wei Ying wants."