Battle Commenses

On the other side of Cloud Recesses, Xichen and Qiren were battling the other two Nagas. The two were running low on energy, physically and spiritually. They glanced at each other and nodded. They headed for the back hills. Hopefully, Lan Zhan and Wei Ying would be alright.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

The two outside were right to worry. Lan Zhan had been battling the monster for nearly an hour. The Jingshi was nearly destroyed from the blasts of energy as Bichen collided with the Naga's sword. "You think you can defeat me?!" the Naga yelled in anger. "Think again!"

Lan Zhan had led the creature outside behind the Jingshi. The Naga was filled with deep cuts, but it still wouldn't die. A sudden pain in his chest made him flinch, so he ended up missing when swinging his sword. The blue glow which Bichen emanated was slowly fading. The pain grew until he fell to one knee, Bichen supporting him. He clutched at his chest, trying to breathe.

The Naga took notice of it and laughed wickedly. "So it is the curse did effect you after all. Tell me. How many times did you die before the curse was successfully removed? Two? Three times? It doesn't matter. As long as you can't use your power to its fullest, you are useless."

"Wangji! Don't listen to him!" a familiar voice called to him. A blade shot out and hit the Naga square in the back. Xichen reached Lan Zhan whose eyesight had blurred. "Wangji, are you alright?" Xichen helped his brother to stand. He noticed Lan Zhan was in pain.

Lan Zhan: "Am fine. Protect Wei Ying."

Xichen didn't feel he could just leave with him in that condition. He did the only thing he felt was possible: he knocked Lan Zhan out.

Qiren hurried over to them. "What happened to Wangji?" His voice was full of concern. Xichen only shook his head.

Xichen: "I knocked him out. He shouldn't be fighting with his condition. It could worsen if he does."

Qiren understood. "Very well. Drag him inside and place him with Wei Ying!" Xichen did just that. The other two Nagas blocked the back entrance. Xichen cursed in his mind.

Now what do I do? Someone jumped in front of him. "Xichen, go!" It was Qiren. He distracted the two Nagas while Xichen made a dash for the Jingshi.

Xichen: "Wei Ying! Where are you?"

Wei Ying perked up when he heard Xichen calling for him. He peeked out from his hiding place. "Over here!" he called out to the other. Xichen looked over to where Wei Ying was waving at him. Wei Ying noticed how Xichen struggled a bit. "What's wrong?" he asked when Xichen was close enough.

Xichen: "I need to leave Wangji with you. It's very urgent you do not wake him."

Wei Ying was a bit confused, but when he saw how pale Lan Zhan was at that moment, he understood. He nodded. "Bring him inside. There is a bed over there." Xichen laid his brother on the bed. He looked at Wei Ying as if to apologize for making him look after Lan Zhan.

Xichen: "I've only knocked him out for now. He should wake up after a while. His condition I will tell you about later. For now, take care of yourselves. Hopefully, we do not encounter anymore dangers while battling the three Nagas outside." Wei Ying raised an eyebrow at that. "No time to explain. I will return so don't worry." With that, he returned to the battle.

Wei Wuxian couldn't help but smile and chuckle a bit. "You fuddy-duddy. Why do you always feel the need to push yourself so hard?" He moved hair from his husband's face and kissed his forehead. "Oh great! He's burning up again. Great timing for you to be sick!" he quietly scolded the older male. He couldn't even go out to fetch cold water and a cloth. Luckily though, the fever wasn't as bad this time.

Outside, Xichen and Qiren were doing their best to keep the Nagas at bay. "Xichen! Behind you!" Xichen easily blocked a strike aimed at himself. It wasn't as easy as before as he was exhausted physically and spiritually.

A figure in black robes appeared before them out of the blue. Both Lans thought aloud, "Wei Gongzi?" "Wei Wuxian?" The figure paid no heed to them. Instead, large amounts of black smoke circled the male. He looked back at them once, his eyes glowing red, and they were shocked. It was Wei Ying, only he wore different robes, and his hair was dressed differently. He ignored them once more.

Wei Wuxian: "How dare you hurt my family? I will destroy you!" The voice was Wei Ying's, but it held a sort of demonic tone to it. The boy held a flute they'd never seen before. He took it in his right hand, placing it on his lips, and began playing a harsh tune with it. The dark energy swirling around his body shot outward toward the Nagas. It encircled them and they were strangled by it. The boy continued to play, his eyes red still. He hit a high-pitched note, and the dark energy crushed the Nagas. The music stopped. The boy looked at the two Lans once more before vanishing in front of them.

The two blinked, not believing what they saw. "I could swear that was Wei Gongzi, Uncle. Yet that power does not belong to him. We made certain he held no resentment in his body."

Qiren simply pet his beard. He could say nothing but ponder over what he had just seen.

Unbeknownst to them, Wei Ying had blacked out for some unknown reason. The same figure crept up to Lan Zhan. "You fuddy-duddy. How do you always make yourself so sick?" he said, wiping at the sweat on the jade's face. "See you soon, Lan Zhan~" He disappeared completely.

Wei Ying awoke a moment later. He hadn't even realized he'd fallen asleep. He jolted upright, worrying about the others. However, the other two were standing over him bewildered. Xichen spoke up first. "Wei Gongzi, have you been here the entire time?"

Wei Ying: "Yes, I have. Why do you ask?" He was curious now. His curiosity only grew when the two older Lans looked at each other with bewilderment and confusion written all over their faces. They simply couldn't figure out who that was.

Xichen looked back at Wei Ying and replied, "It is nothing. We were only worried about you is all. It is safe now. The Nagas have been defeated."

Wei Ying breathed a sigh of relief. He was very worried, and now he could breathe. "That's good," he said before passing out. Xichen caught him. A small pool of blood was surrounding the boy's feet. "Uncle, go fetch the healer! Wei Gongzi, hang in there!"