Chapter 27

Hatake Kakashi P.O.V.

I sigh deeply as I turn my face into the warm water. I need to wash this dirt off of me, this blood off of me. What started as an investigation mission, for one of Orochimaru's hideouts with team 10, turned to a clash with the three tails. Of course we were also attacked my Orochimaru's subordinate. Team 7 lend assistance. We even got assistance from the Anbu. Unfortunately the three tails got away but the Anbu followed it. But Orochimaru's subordinate was defeated. I did find it adorable that on our way home that Hinata and Sakura asked about my babies. I deliberately pushed them out of my mind during my mission but I gladly told them about them on our way home. And of course I told them that they're always welcome to come visit them. When I got home it was nearly morning and I craved a shower. I turn the shower off. I dry myself off and wrap a towel around my waist. As I walk out of the bathroom I hear Yuina crying. I walk over to their room and lift Yuina out of her crib. "What's wrong my love?" I whisper as I lay her against my chest. She immediately stops crying as soon as she's against my chest. "Oh you just wanted to be held by Otosan huh?" I mumble before pressing a kiss against her head. Asahi starts fussing too, I reach into the crib and start softly rubbing his tummy. He immediately stops. "You really like that huh?" I smile. "Okaeri" I look up and see Nozomi in the doorway. "Tadaima" I smile, standing up straight. Asahi immediately starts fussing again. Nozomi walks over and lifts Asahi out of his crib and lays him with his back against her chest and rubs his tummy. He stops fussing. "I didn't mean to wake you" I say before kissing her. "You didn't. They did" Nozomi smiles. I softly I kiss Asahi's head. "I usually get back in bed with them, why don't you join us" Nozomi smiles before walking out of the room. I gladly follow her.

When I wake up my bed is empty. Groaning I sit up and rub my eyes. God I slept well. I sit up and rub my eyes. Yawning I stretch before getting out of bed. When I walk into the living room I've got to stop and stare for a bit. She's sitting in a rocking-chair, feeding our daughter. The way the sun is shining onto her and the way she's smiling. Still, after all this time you're able to amaze me with your beauty. "I'm sorry I slept in so late" I say. Nozomi's smile grows slightly but she doesn't open her eyes. "That's okay. It was nearly morning when you came home" she says and finally opens her eyes. "Do you want something to eat?" She asks. "No, thank you. I'll wait till dinner" I say. "At least have some tea" she says. Nozomi lays Yuina against her shoulder until she burps. "Can you take her? I need to start dinner anyway" Nozomi says. "Already?" I ask. "Yes, the broth takes a couple of hours" sighing Nozomi stands up. "You want me to do it" I ask. "No it's okay" Nozomi says as she walks over. "You know I can do it" I say as she hands me Yuina. "I know, but I want to. It's the first time I'm going to make it so" she says amused. "I see. What's for dinner?" I ask amused. "You'll see" Nozomi kisses me. "Is Asahi been fed?" I ask as I walk over to the chair she just stood up from. "Yeah. He fell right back asleep after" she says as she walks toward the kitchen. I softly start rocking the chair and not much later Yuina is asleep too. Nozomi comes in with my tea and as she sees that Yuina is asleep she puts down the tea and takes our daughter to lay next to our son in the playpen. "How are you doing, really?" I ask. "I'm a little tired, but I'm very very happy" she says, making me smile.

I look up at the mountain before me. "You've just been cleared. Are you sure this is what you want to do?" I ask, looking down at my wife. "Yeah I'm sure" she says smiling. "I should be able to do this. Though I'm going to use both hands" she says. "You should take it easy though. You've been out of it for ten months maybe more" I say. "Oh shush. I can do this" she says and starts climbing. I sigh deeply. "So stubborn" I mumble before I follow her, though I use one hand, and hold the other behind my back. "Told you I could do it" Nozomi says as we reach the top. "Do you realize how much you're panting?" I ask amused. "That's not strange after such a time"  she answers. "I'm just glad I'm cleared to start training again. I need to get back in shape, get my flat stomach back" she says. "You shouldn't worry about that. It just shows you carried two children" I say. "I'm not. It doesn't mean I want to walk with it the rest of my life. I'd like to go on missions again every once in a while so I need to get back to my old level" Nozomi says, looking down at the cliff. "You will help me with that, won't you?" She asks looking at me. I smile slightly. "If that's what you want" I say. I look down at my wife. "Shall we go home" I say. "Yeah. I'm hungry anyways" she says and stands up. I take her hand as we walk back to our house. "Tadaima" Nozomi says as we walk in. Her mother walks out of our living room. "Okaeri. How did it go?" She asks. "It went well. I feel very refreshed to have trained after so long." Nozomi says. My mother in law looks at me amused. "So how did she do?" She asks. "Surprisingly well" I say smiling. "How are the twins, they asleep?" Nozomi asks. "They were a delight. Such sweet babies. Yes they are asleep now but they'll probably hungry soon" she says. "Alright. I'll go take a quick shower" she says and walks toward the bathroom. My mother in law waits until the shower is turned on. "Did she really do well?"  She asks. "She really did" I say reassuring.