Chapter 15

Hatake Nozomi P.O.V.

I know Kakashi was on a mission during our retreat. I'm a jounin myself, I'm not stupid. Besides that I saw him talking to Pakkun at the moon festival. I'm just hurt he didn't trust me enough to tell me. He was summoned again to the Hokage's office, as soon as we arrived in Konoha. That's when I knew for certain. I lean on the railing and watch how Kakashi leaves the Hokage building with Kurenai and Asuma. So all three huh? Now I'm even more hurt. "Don't take it personally" I look down at Pakkun, standing on the balcony next to me. "What are you still doing here Pakkun?" I ask. Pakkun jumps onto the railing and sits down. "He just wanted you to have fun" Pakkun says. "I would still be able to have fun even if he was working. He should've just been honest with me" I say. I scoff as I turn and walk off the balcony. "Just go away Pakkun" I say as I walk toward the kitchen. It's been a long time since I've felt this lonely. I fill a tub with warm water to do laundry and carry it to the balcony. As I walk through the living room I see Pakkun laying on a pillow yawning. I scoff before walking back and getting laundry. I kneel down and start washing the clothes as I hear the front door open and close. "Tadaima!" Kakashi says. I don't respond.  Though I keep my eyes on the laundry, I see Kakashi petting Pakkun before walking over. "I'm sorry I couldn't come home with you" he says softly. "That's quite Alright" I say as I wring out Kakashi's shirt. "Everything alright, you need to go again?" I ask, finally looking up. "No, I don't. Probably tomorrow or the day after" he says. "Then go change, I'm doing laundry" I say, standing up, turning my back on him to hang the laundry.

I've felt Kakashi's eyes on me all day, probably because I haven't been kind and sweet to him as I usually am. I'm quite indifferent or even ignoring him at some points. I've dried the last plate when the tea is finished. Kakashi is at the table writing in scrolls. Suddenly all of his dogs are in my living room. I kneel down to put tea in front of him. I also put my cup down before walking to the balcony to o take in the laundry. When after I folded the laundry I walk back and sit down. "Is there a reason I'm getting this silent treatment?" Kakashi asks. "What silent treatment?" I ask as I take my cup. Kakashi leans his chin on his hand before looking at me. I take a sip before putting my cup down and folding my arms in front of my chest. "I'm offended and I'm hurt Kakashi-san" I say. This really seems to surprise him. "Why? We had a fun time didn't we?" He asks. "We did. I did. But did you really think I wouldn't notice you were working?" I say frowning. "I'm a jounin too you know, a special jounin. I'm not stupid" I say. "I never thought you were" Kakashi says. "You could've just said that you needed to go there for a mission, and asked if I wanted to go for your cover and to go to the festival" I say. "You would've focused solely on the mission instead of having fun" Kakashi says as he sits up and crosses his arms. "What if I would? What does it matter?" I ask. "I wanted you to have fun" Kakashi says. "You've been through so much, and lately losing our child, almost dying, I just wanted to take your mind off of it and let you have fun. That's why I didn't tell you" Kakashi says.

I walked away when Kakashi told me his reasoning. It pissed me off. Of course I've been through a lot but so has he. That's no reason to keep something from me. I know I'm serious about work but I wouldn't have blown our cover. I took a long shower and went to bed. But I still haven't fallen asleep. I hear Kakashi walking around the apartment. He's probably getting ready for bed too. Not much later I hear the bedroom door open and close. I feel him getting in bed but he isn't lying down. It's hard to keep my eyes closed as I feel him stroking my cheek and stroking the bangs from my forehead. "I know you're awake" Kakashi whispers after he pressed a kiss on my cheek. "How'd you know?" I mumble annoyed. "Because of your breathing my love" Kakashi whispers after pressing another kiss on my cheek. "I've spend a lot of nights watching and listening to you sleep" he says. I turn slightly toward him. "Why?" I ask. "Sometimes I just can't sleep" Kakashi smiles slightly but his fingertips stroke my cheek again. "I'm sorry I hurt you. That was not my intention" Kakashi says softly. "I just wanted you to relax and have fun" Kakashi whispers. "How can I relax and have fun with you when I know and when I can see that your mind is somewhere else?" I whisper. "For a moment I even thought it might be" I stop for a second. "Someone else" I sigh. Kakashi immediately presses his lips on mine. "No never" he whispers. "You're the only one for me. You'll always be the only one for me" he whispers before kissing me again. "It was just for a second. Then I saw Pakkun at the festival and I knew" I say. Kakashi presses a kiss on my forehead. "Don't ever allow that thought into your pretty head again" he says laying his hand on my cheek and pressing another kiss on my forehead. I lay my hand on his wrist and can't help but smile. Kakashi softly presses his lips onto mine again and I finally kiss back. I wrap my arms around his neck when our tongues find each other. "I love you" Kakashi whispers. "I love you" I whisper.