Chapter 31

Hatake Nozomi P.O.V.

I feel a deep, and intense panic coming up from my stomach. Our tent is near the other Hyuuga's but I'm seriously regretting it right now, since I cannot get Asahi and Yuina to stop crying. "I'm sorry" I say as I softly rock the crib. Thank you Yamato, for being smart enough to make a rocking crib. "I'm sorry I don't know how to soothe you" I say softly. "They're teething huh?" I look up to see a Hyuuga woman in front of me, she might be a little older than me but I don't know her. "Y-yeah" I say. "I had everything prepared for when it would happen but then..." I sigh and look up at the sky. "Then it all got crushed. I'm lucky enough a friend made this but I have no idea how to soothe them for the pain now" I say. "First of all, calm down" the woman smiles kindly. "How can I? Hiashi-sama is in the tent next to mine, and they won't stop crying." I hiss. "What's going on here?" I stand up straight when I hear Hiashi's voice behind me. "Why are they crying Nozomi?" Hiashi asks as he bends over the crib. "They're teething Hiashi-sama" I say softly. "Ohh dear are you hurting?" Hiashi asks as he lifts Asahi out of the crib, onto his arm. Asahi stops crying as soon as Hiashi allows him to chew on his pinky. The woman winks at me. "You should cool it a bit" Hiashi says, looking at me. "I know...I had it all prepared but then it got crushed and I don't know what to do" I say. Hiashi looks at me for a little while. "When is the last time you slept, Nozomi?" He asks. When I don't respond he sighs. "Grab Yuina, I'll come with you to the medic centre to see if they have something that might help" he says. I grab Yuina, and allow her to chew on my pinky as I follow Hiashi.

"Shouldn't you try to get some sleep as well?" I look up as Hiashi sits down next to me. I was thinking so much of my father that for a moment I thought it was him that was sitting down next to me. They do really look alike. I look down at the fire and shrug. "You can't be of much use to your children, when you're exhausted yourself" Hiashi says. "I've managed so far" I answer. "Yes. That's true. But if you don't rest, you'll collapse" Hiashi says and I sigh. "I just can't sleep" I say. "Are you worrying that much?" He asks. "Not so much. Though I am scared that something will hurt my children, or that they'll get sick. They're so much out in the open right now, I really do miss the luxury from a house" I say. "You'll have it soon enough. People of konoha work very hard" Hiashi says and I nod. "Besides we have the best medical shinobi over here. If something does happen or they will get sick, they're here to make them just as healthy again" Hiashi says. "Yeah I guess so" I sigh. "Besides that I've been thinking, and dreaming a lot about my father lately" I say. "Hizashi?" Hiashi asks a little surprised. "Yeah." I say. "You must miss him. Especially now you've got children of your own" he says. "I do. He was always better at calming me down than my mother is. Especially in situations like this. Or like this afternoon" I glance at Hiashi and he smiles. "Yeah. I was thinking what would Hizashi do. And that's when I stepped up" Hiashi says and I smile slightly. "Did you know, Kakashi died, during the attack?" I ask. Hiashi raises his eyebrows surprised. "He did?" He asks. "Yeah. And he had a nice talk with his father during. It makes me wonder" I say, before looking at Hiashi. "What if he's unable to move on as well?" I ask softly. Hiashi lays his hand on my back. "Your father was at peace with what he did. I doubt that Sakumo was" Hiashi says. "You know, Nozomi. I know you're hesitant, but we're family so you can always come to me for help" Hiashi says, looking up at the sky.

It was past midnight when I finally went to bed. But the twins woke me up already before sunrise. I'm tired but I could feed them in peace. With my back leaning against the log I was sitting on yesterday evening, and my children on my lap against my stomach I look up at the sky as it changes color. "Huh? You're already awake?" I turn my gaze to see Kakashi walking up. I smile slightly. "We have trouble sleeping peacefully like this. Especially when you're away" I say. Kakashi crouches down next to me and pets Yuina and Asahi's head. "I'm sorry" he says. "No need. Okaeri" I say. "Tadaima" Kakashi smiles before he pulls down his mask to kiss me. "I hope you'll understand that I won't stay behind like this when the war actually starts" I say softly. "I do. What are we going to do about them" he asks softly as he looks down at the babies on my lap. "Okaasama already agreed to babysit. Though she wasn't hesitant to give me her opinion on it" I chuckle. "I bet" Kakashi says smiling. "She did understand though. Which is why she agreed. I had to swear to come back though" I look at my husband. "You will. We both will" he says as he strokes my cheek before kissing me again. Then he takes Yuina from my lap and sit down next to me. "Don't you want to get some sleep while you can?" I ask. "I've rested plenty. I just want to spend some time with my family now" he says. I smile as I look down at my son, who curiously looks around, stretching his hands to everything he sees.