Chapter 20

Hello hello hellooooo! And welcome back! I hope you like the previous chapter and I hope that you'll like this too.

--- --- --- --- --- ---

Emery's POV

So Auden just came out to my family... And dad's pretty quiet. He's looking around the room like he's trying to figure out what to say.

"Hey." He starts and looks directly at Auden. "You know that this is okay right? You being gay. There's nothing wrong with that. I just wish that you told us-" he points to me and mom. "-sooner. I don't like it that you didn't come to us the minute you realized this. But I'm happy that you told us now and I'm so happy to meet you. Oscar right?" Omg dad...

"It's Oliver Mr. Scott." Oliver shyly says to dad.

"Please, call me Hardin." He says and smiles at Oliver who smiles back.

"Wait wait wait wait... So he can call you Hardin but I have to call you Mr. Scott?" Jake suddenly says.

"I'm not done with you yet and yes. It's Mr. Scott to you." Oh God, well at least they get along. Kind of.

"Yeah... We're ehh... Going out. I promised I would take Oliver to see a movie since he took me out last time."

"Wait. What movie are you going to see? Is it Avengers: Infinity War?" I ask.

"No, we're watching Endgame today." He answers.

"Well don't spoil! I haven't seen Infinity War yet!" He nods and walks to the door with Oliver hand in hand. Just when he's about to close the door he turns around.

"Oh, Emery? Your favorite dies. Bye!"

"WHAT?! AUDEEEEEEEN!"

It's been a few days now and Jake asked me to do something, but how the hell am I going to ask my dad to come and meet Jake's parents? I mean apparently they knew each other but didn't say more than that. Did it end well? Did it end badly? Did it ever end? Anyway. I gather my courage and walk up to him.

"Hey ehh dad...?" He looks up. God I'm so nervous. It's good that we're the only people in this room.

"Yes?"

"You know Jake..." I say and he immediately sighs.

"I'm familiar with the boy yes." He says and gives me the 'I don't like him' look.

"Well. He asked me to ask you if you and mom could-"

"No." What?

"What do you mean 'no'? You don't even know what I'm about to say."

"Look I don't like the boy. I love you though so I try to like him but I really really really don't."

"Why dad? Why don't you like him?" I ask. It's not like I ever got an answer.

"Look Emery. He reminds me of me when I was that age. He drinks a lot, I used to drink a lot. He sleeps with every girl, I slept- Forget that. He goes to parties and fools around with the girls, I used to do the exact same."

"Until you met mom." I say and he pauses. Probably thinking about what to say.

"Yes. I did stop when I met your mom but-"

"But what? Dad... Jake used to do all those things yes. But he's not like that anymore. He changed. For me. And I really like him. All I'm asking is for you and mom to come with us."

"Fine." He sighs. "We'll come with you and Jake."

"YES! Thank you!" I say and hug him as he laughs.

"But where are we going?" He asks.

"To Jake's parent's house."

"Oh, you've got to be fucking kidding me!"

Hardin's POV

Fuck no.

No fucking way that I'm going to that assholes house with his stupid car and stupid food.

"It'll be okay." Tessa says like it's nothing.

"Okay? It's Zed Tessa. Zed. Do you remember him? He tried to take you away from me. He sabotaged almost everything to get you. I was the one that loved you the whole time and he just wanted to take you from me. I'm not going to his fucking house."

"Hardin... I know that we've had our... battles with him but that's long gone. We're all married, have children and moved on. Emery showed me a picture of him and his wife and they seem really happy together. If he still had feelings for me he wouldn't have invited us to his house for dinner with his wife."

Well, I guess that's true... But still. I can't get over what that fucker did.

"And besides. We're doing this for Emery. We love her and want to support her. And Jake." Ugh Jake. I think Tessa noticed me making a grimace at the mention of his name.

"Stop it! Jake seems like a nice kid who really likes our daughter. HE invited US to his house. Do you know how hard and brave that was of him? He likes Emery, he really does. I can see it. I just want you to see it too." Great. Now she likes him too. Guess I'm the only one left.

"Fine. I'll give the kid a chance. But if he fucks up he's out." She rolls her eyes and starts getting dressed, so do I.

"Emery! We're going, come on!" I yell to her. She walks down the stairs in a dress.

"That's too short. Wear something else."

"Dad it's to my knees."

"It's beautiful honey." Tessa says before I get a chance to speak. I look at Emery and open the door for her and Tessa. We get in the car and after a while we're there. Great. Now I actually have to talk to the fucker.

"Hey Emery!" A woman, must be Zed's wife, opens the door and greets us.

"Come in, come in! I'm Ella, it's so nice to meet you!" She's so happy and energetic. Too happy and energetic.

"I'm Hardin and this is my wife Tessa." I say and they shake hands.

"I think you already know our daughter Emery?" I say.

"Yes, wonderful girl." Ella says and looks at Emery who's smiling back.

"I'll go to Jake's room and get him." She says and goes away.

"Okay. Dad, mom. I need you on your best behavior and DO NOT embarrass me!" Emery says strictly and walks into the dining room.

"She's strict." I say jokingly.

"Yeah? She gets that from you." Tessa says laughing.

--- --- --- --- --- ---

And that's it for this chapter! I hope you liked it and I hope you liked Hardin's POV, I know I'm not as great as Anna at writing this but it's something! Hahaha, anyway... See you soon!