Chapter 6

Hello again! Just wanted to say hi and that I'm going to put a picture of Jake at the end of this story, in case you forgot how he looks like. Don't think you forgot though, a face that like is hard to forget... ;) Hope you like this chapter!

--- --- --- --- --- --- 

Jake's POV

Shortie and I find a cafe and I guess that'll do because she's walking in that direction. We go in and I let her order first (what a real gentleman right?) and she orders something latte something and I order a black coffee. I'm basic as fuck. She goes to a table and sits down. I don't even have time to open my mouth as she takes out the books that she for some reason took with her. I mean I knew that I told her that we were going to study but I didn't think that she actually thought that I was serious. Well... Better play along. 

"I think that we should start with a brief discussion about when WW1 ended and how that affected the countries and after that we go to September 1st 1939, when everything started. What do you think?"

Why the fuck is he staring at her? He's been looking at her nonstop since we came here. And what's up with his hair? It's bigger than anything I've seen. Keep your eyes to your fucking self buddy.

"I think that the barista guy is staring at you a lot." I say as she turns around. Oh wow, of course he smiles.

"Okay, ehm... I don't really think that that has anything to do with WW2."

It has a lot to do with that. If he keeps staring at you I'll- No. No no. You're better than that Jake.

"Yeah, you're right. And your idea sounds pretty good. After that we can move over to how Hitler basically fucked everyone up to thinking that he was a good man with fantastic ideas for the future."

"That sounds pretty good too but I don't think that we should use words like that in the assignment." She says laughing. God her laugh. No! Jake, focus.

"A black coffee for you and a chai latte for you." The fucker comes and gives us our drinks. Look at her a little longer why don't you? God, this guy.

"You know, it's polite to thank someone when they give you something." No, it's polite to punch someone for being too... I don't even know what he is. So I just shrug my shoulders.

"What's that?" I point towards a white thing on her mug.

"Chai latte."

"No, that." I take the thing and- A note? A fucking note with his number? Wow, not even confident enough to say it to her himself. At least I had the decency to-you know... Get it.

"Oh wow. Real fucking classic. It's his number."

"What? For real? Give me it." She says and reaches for it. Is she kidding me?

"No, you don't need it." I say and put it in my pocket. I

"And how do you know what I need?" Well I don't. But one thing I do know, you shouldn't be with Ronald fucking  McDonald over there.

"Let's move forward to June 1941, Operation Barbarossa. After that we have Pearl Harbor in December of the sam-"

"Don't just change the subject." She cuts me off. 

"We came here to write about history and that's what we're doing." I smile and continue. "As I said. After that we have Pearl Harbor in December of the same year, so in 1941. Those two topics are big and we have to have them in the assignment."

"Yes! And after that we talk about D-Day, Roosevelt's death, Hitler's death and add the Hiroshima and Nagasaki bombings. And after that we pretty much wrap it up and end the assignment." She says back.

"Great. So we're done!" I say, ready to talk to her about-

"Ehh... Not quite yet. We only have the plan for now, we're going to have to expand our answers. I don't think that this will give us an A."

"An A?! Look I'm fine with a D." I laugh. An A is WAY over my usual. And look, I can give her the D pretty easy too ;)

"Well... Let's aim a little higher than that."

"We could buuuut, if we aim for a D we'll finish much quicker."

"What. So you don't want to work with me?" She asks laughing. Her laugh really is something else.

"Oh I definitely want to work with you. If you know what I mean." I wink.

"Jake. I always know what you mean." She laughs that sweet laugh again.

After that we finished our drinks and went home. And just because I can, why not tease with her a little more?

Me: Hey shortie?

Emery: It's Emery.

Me: Shortie.

Emery: EMERY!

Me: SHORTIE!

Emery: Ugh... What do you want?

Me: Nothing.

Emery: What?

Me: What.

Emery: You messaged me saying "Hey shortie?"

Me: So?

Emery: Didn't you want anything?

Me: I wanted one thing.

Emery: What?

Me: To waste your time.

Emery: .... Well you succeeded.

Me: I know :)

Emery: Can't you talk to any of your other friends?

Me: I can. But I don't want to.

Emery: And why not?

Me: Cause you're funnier. And cuter. And more honest than any girl I've ever met.

Emery: Check. Check. And check.

Me: You're definitely not like any other girl you know?

Emery: I know.

--- --- --- --- --- --- 

Sooooo, that's it for this chapter. It's a little shorter than the usual but I'm super tired and I have like 10 minutes left on my episode of Lucifer so. Pretty tired, hahaha. But here's also a picture of Jake for those of you who forgot what he looked like. Byeeeee :)