Chapter 65

Auden's POV

I tried, I really tried not to cry but one look at him and I broke. So did he, we look like wrecks. The pictures are going to be shit. But I couldn't care less. Dad was right, it's just him and me. All the nervous thoughts and feelings disappeared the second I saw him, it was like magic.

We finally, after what feels like hours, get to the front of the aisle. Dad smiles and then takes his seat beside mom, I take the three final steps up to Oliver. We're now face to face, feels like ages since we were this close. 

"Hey." I whisper.

"Hey. We're getting married." He smiles.

"I know." I chuckle.

"Dearly Beloved, we are gathered here today, to join Oliver and Auden in matrimony commended to be honorable among all; and therefore is not to be entered into lightly but reverently, passionately, lovingly, and solemnly. Into this, these two persons present now come to be joined. If any person can show just cause why they may not be joined together, let them speak now or forever hold their peace." Silence. "Good. The couple would now like to share with you, the vows they wrote to each other. Oliver, will you do us the honor to start?"

"Yes, I would." He smiles and clears his throat. "I kept this short and funny, just like my Auden. When I met you I was just a guy, who thought he was bi. You walked into my life with such joy and made me feel once again like a little boy. We went on dates, to the theatre, to parks, and immediately I felt sparks. I may not be the best at this, but life with me will feel like such bliss. Now we stand here together, us two. And I promise to always love you. Through sickness and health, poorness and wealth. I promise you that this marriage with blossom, just as I promise you I am awesome. I love you so much and can't wait to build a future with you. Now and forever, us two." 

Everyone starts clapping and some are crying. How the hell am I supposed to up that? Even I started crying. I just know he spent so long on that. And he's so proud too.

"That was lovely, thank you, Oliver. Auden, would you like to share your vows?"

"Yes, thank you. I may not have any funny rhymes or stories to share, I can only say this. Since you walked into my life it's been a rollercoaster. Not one of those scary ones, the ones where you can't stop laughing or smiling so much that your cheeks actually hurt. The ones where the butterflies in your stomach won't ever go away. That's what your presence did for me. You made everything easier, without even trying. I will forever be thankful for you, and I'd like to thank your parents for creating you." Everyone starts laughing. "We're about to embark on one of the biggest adventures of our lives and I could not ask for anyone else to do this with. You're my best friend and about to become my husband, I promise to love you no matter what. I promise to always support and be there for you, as long as you're always there for me. I love you, Oliver, so so much." Now he's the one crying. The pictures are really going to be shit. I love it.

"Thank you for those touching words, both of you. Now, who has the rings?" We take the rings and take a step closer to each other. "Oliver, repeat after me, please. 'I Oliver give you Auden this ring as an eternal symbol of my love and commitment to you.'"

"I Oliver give you Auden this ring as an eternal symbol of my love and commitment to you." He places the ring on my finger and it fits perfectly like it has been waiting for that exact ring.

"Wonderful, now Auden, repeat after me, please. 'I Auden give you Oliver this ring as an eternal symbol of my love and commitment to you.'"

"I Auden give you Oliver this ring as an eternal symbol of my love and commitment to you." I say and place the ring on his finger, we keep on holding hands. They're so warm and welcoming. I've missed these hands.

"By the power vested in me by the State of New York, I now pronounce you husband and husband. You may now kiss the groom". I, without hesitation, grab his neck and pull him towards me. The church erupts in applause and cheering as our lips touch. It's a quick kiss but what I'd do to stay like this, just the two of us. 

While we're touching foreheads I whisper, "We're married!"

"I know, can you believe it?"

"No." We both start laughing.

"I present to you Mr. and Mr., Auden and Oliver Scott!" 

Step 10: Become a husband to Oliver ✔️

Emery's POV

I can't stop looking at them. They're slow dancing to "Make You Feel My Love" by Adele. It's like something from a movie. Everybody's watching them but they only see themselves. I had to excuse myself after the ceremony to fix my makeup, it was beyond ruined. I did not expect to cry so much. 

I'm sitting by myself at the bar, I needed space from all the 'Hey Emery! Where's Michael?' 'You know, now that Auden's married you're next.' 'Can you believe that he's married?! I always thought you'd be the first.'. Like is there some rule where the oldest has to get married first? Also, if I were to get married it wouldn't be with Michael. It'd be with-

No, never mind. Not going there. I want to but how do I even know what he feels? I know what I want, I've known for a while now. But I want to know what he thinks, what he feels. I'd like to get inside his mind. See and hear his thoughts, who knows, maybe he loves me back? I hope he does.

Looking at Oliver and Auden again I realize how much I actually want what they have.

I want my other half. I need him.

--- --- --- --- --- ---

I was so emotional when I wrote this. I'd been stuck in such a long writer's block and their wedding broke me out of it, hahaha. I love it.

OH, ALSO! I JUST CREATED A COVER FOR THIS BOOK AND A NEW TITLE! When I'm done, I'm going to print out some books if some of you want to buy it. I am definitely getting one for myself, hahaha. I love to have a physical book.