Chapter 26

Hello hello hello! Been a while huh? So the last chapter was kind of a bummer. (Kind of my fault, heh.) But well well. On with the story.

--- --- --- --- --- ---

Emery's  POV

It's been about a day since Ally's dad... passed away. I still can't believe it. I mean I grew up with them only a few houses away. What if that was my dad? Oh no. Don't go there. I can't think about that right now. 

"Have you heard anything from Ally?" Mom walks into the kitchen and interrupts my thoughts.

"No, not yet. But she said that she wanted space so that's what I'm giving her." Mom gives me a sympathetic smile. "Look, I don't really want to talk about this anymore. What's going on with you? And the baby?" I ask, smiling and looking at her stomach.

"We're fine." She says looking down at it. "We went to the doctors and they said that everything was perfectly fine. I'm healthy and the baby's healthy. That's all that matters." She says smiling. She looks so happy. 

"I can't believe there's going to be another Scott coming." I say, still shocked.

"I know. I can't believe that either. I mean your father and I are were careful during se-"

"NO! No no! No need to say that. I'm fine never heard it." Gross. 

She starts laughing. "Sorry."

"What are we talking about?" Oh great, dad's here.

"Nothing. Just the baby." I say quickly.

He walks over to mom and kisses her stomach. He's so cute. 

"Were you like this when you found out mom was pregnant with me?" I ask.

"Are you kidding me? He ran around to every store and bought basically anything 'just in case something happens' and he baby-proofed the house within the first weeks of my pregnancy." She laughs.

"It's good to be cautious." He argues.

"Sure it is." Mom says and kisses him.

"So, Em. How's it going with Jack?" Oh, wow.

"Dad, you know his name."

"No... Was it John? Or maybe James? Or Jaco-"

"JAKE. It's Jake!" 

"I know, I just love messing with you." He says and laughs.

"Ha ha, you are so funny did you know that?"

"Yes, but please remind me." 

"Dear God... But to answer your question, it's going good. I'm really happy."

Mom and dad look at each other and smile. 

"As long as you're happy Emery." Mom says.

"And if you're not, you can tell me and I'll drive right over there and-"

"Dad! I'm fine. Promise." He looks at me for a long time trying to figure out if I'm lying or not. 

"Okay okay. If you say so." He says. "Babe, come on. The bath is ready."

Jake's POV

Fuck. I miss her. And she's been gone like a day. What the fuck is wrong with me?

But for real... Who owns Batman panties and a Captain America bra? She's too cute.

"Hey! Jake!" Dad screams from downstairs.