Volume Two Ch. One: Unfair Advantage

-First Person-

It's been a couple of weeks since the night I fought that IMC Ronin titan and came out to the girls about who I really was. Since then? Nothing's come up. No sighting, weird people, nothing. It's made me doubt the fact if IMC were really here in the first place. What if that pilot was like me? Stranded? Well, they definitely don't have to worry bout that now. Since, yknow.

It may have been the tremendous rest I got from being out of classes but, I healed up pretty quickly. A tad bit faster than I usually do. Maybe it was the actual food I ate for a change instead of MREs. Still though, I've thankfully been able to enter classes before the semester ended. Thinking about it, its funny because when I returned, everyone asked if I was okay and what not. Between me and the girls, as well as Ozpin, we made an allibi.

~Flashback~

"Hey, Pilot! Its cool to see ya, man! What messed you up?"

Jaune asked me and the gals as we all, and I mean, all came up with our own excuses. First it was me then RWBY, in that order.

"Beowolf."

"G-Giant whale grimm!"

"He went too fast."

"Slipped off a rooftop."

"Me~"

~End~

Bleugh. Thinking back to that "Me~" by Yang, I couldn't help but cringe a bit. But, oh well.

Currently, I was headin' back to my dorm after a long day of classes. First up was with Oobleck. Pretty spazzy guy, especially since he moved around so quickly, I had to use my pilot training just to follow along. Sufice to say I became the illegal note passer of the class. Then next was Port's grimm studies. Since the day we met, he's been cool with me and vise versa. So I always paid attention no matter how boring the story. Then finally was Professor Peach's dust studies. She's pretty standard for a professor but, her experiments are always fun. Lately, she's helped me try to find out more about dust to use in my ammo. So that was cool.

I came to a stop at my door and was anout to open it when I heard something from inside. Somethiing among the lines of foosteps and the familiar sounds of my guns. Even looking at the door itself, it was slightly open. Thinking the worst case scenario, since yknow the entire IMC debacle? I reached for my thigh holster and pulled out my trusty Wingman. Holding onto it, I grabbed the door knob and waited for the footsteps to come closer to the door. When they were, I opened the door and immediately pressed the barrel of my handcannon onto the person's forehead. Who oddly let out a cute squeak-oh no...

Looking at exactly who it was, my worst suspicions were confirmed when I saw Ruby's horrified face.

"Ugh....Ruby...I'm so sorry but, what the hell are you doing here? Especially in my dorm room which I locked."

Lowering my Wingman, she straightened herself out a bit before sheepishly chuckle.

"Well...You see...I came here to ask if I could borrow something and Athena opened the door for me. She let me grab it buuuut..."

Looking at my gun rack, my eyes went a bit wide as to how cleaned they looked. Looking back at Ruby, her hands were covered in grease and other gun residue. Sighing, I gently placed a hand on her head and patted it. Something she quickly warmed up to since she smiled and luaghed soflty.

"Maybe I should just shoot you now..."

Ruby's eyes shot wide open as I then laughed out loud and she stood in place. Confused before realizing I was just joking and groaning out.