Volume Two Ch. Six: What I'm Worth

~First Person~

"Y-Yang! I can't hold it any longer!"

"Just a little more~! An——nd~ done!"

Letting out a deep breath, I yelped out as I fell towards the hard floor of the Amphitheater, now Ball Room. Usually I'd soften my landing with my jump-kit but, Yang had me hang midair with it so she could place some party streamers on the ceiling. So naturally all my boost was out. Tucking in my body, I rolled along the floor with a heavy grunt before smacking into the side of a table. A table that was inhabited by Ruby as she stared into space with her chin in her hands. She's been like this since yesterday. Told me it was because Blake had been stressing out over the White Fang and IMC. White Fang more but, it still made her feel intense frustration. My situation was almost like hers yet, mine was based more off how many of these fuckers do I have to drop before dropping whoever was in charge of this Remnant Fleet. I know they're remnants. Pretty sure they know it too.

Recovering off the ground, Weiss arrived at the table and slammed two pieces of table cloth down in front of us. Making Ruby and I jump as I fixed my helmet onto my belt. Looking at Weiss, she wore a huge smile that I've seen a couple of times.

"Perfect! Two opinions! I need you to chose a table cloth!"

To the regular untrained, and blissfully ignorant to the sheer fuck-ton of different yet, exact color shades, eyes? These two looks exactly the same. Something that made Ruby confused with a cocked eyebrow as she eyed the two of them.

"Aren't they both the same?"

Wrong. Weiss gained a small scowl that made me chuckle.

"I don't even know why I asked!"

"Exactly! Ruby, my sweet lovable Rose bud, they seem the same. But one is matte and the other is flat. I say go with the matte!"

"I had the same thoughts! Thank you, (Y/N)."

Soon after, Ruby's head would drop back down onto the table as Weiss left with a small glare towards Ruby. Probably because she couldn't tell the difference between matte and flat. Ironic give Weiss is one of them. Oh thank you internal thoughts for allowing me to say that without being frozen. Yang casually walked over holding a large speaker system. One that she dropped right behind Ruby as the table, myself and Ruby all jumped as a result of her dropping it down. Approaching us, she would waft her hands.

"Thanks for the help, (Y/N)."

"No problem. I'll send you my med bill later."

Chuckling out, we'd give one another a nice little fist bump before she turned towards Ruby.

"So! Did you pick out a dress yet?"

"What's the point? Who cares about the dance if Blake isn't going...? At least with Pilot it's understandable."

"Nobody wants to see a military guy dancing. Trust me. Seen far too many...'confident' people do that...God I'll never get that image of Gates dancing out of my head..."

With a shudder, I'd look down to Ruby and frown softly before holding out my hand. Placing it on her shoulder to reassure or comfort her, it still made her perk up a bit as I saw her face tense up softly as if smiling. However, Yang would chuckle and grin.

"Oh don't worry. She's going-Weiss! I thought we agreed! No doilies!"

"If I don't have doilies, you don't have fog machines!"

"No fog ma-!? You brute! Yang! Do something!"

"Woah. Your dance is gonna have fog machines?"

~Third Person~