10: Here In The Garden༄

Start from the beginning

Despite their bonding moment last night, a lot of things about Yoongi made Eden very nervous. She still had no idea which clan he was from, or why he was so quiet and distant. The only thing she knew for sure was that he had some big secret that only she didn't know about.

As if on cue, the blond looked up from his plate, his dark eyes landing on her's precisely. Eden's heart caught in her throat as they stared at each other without saying a word. She could see his tongue shifting around in his mouth, trying to formulate sentences although his brain wouldn't let him. Then—

Come sit down, he mouthed. He patted the chair next to him for good measure.

Eden shuffled over to the empty seat, the rest of the boys completely oblivious to the soul shaking staredown she and Yoongi just got into. Once she was seated, he put a plate down in front of her.

"I made you a plate," He muttered.

Yoongi and Jin had prepared a pretty hefty lunch of ramen, steak, and mixed vegetables. It smelled absolutely delightful, and the sudden hunger from the night came at her full force. She grabbed her fork and dug in immediately.

The dining room fell into a comfortable silence, everyone too busy eating to say anything. Hoseok was certainly right about Jungkook and his hunger, though, as in the short time Eden had been at the table, he'd reached into the meat pan at least three times.

Somehow, unlike other instances with the whole group, Eden didn't feel out of place here at the table. With everyone's head bowed to their plates and no one speaking, she managed to slip right in. Was it the combination of both Jimin and Jin keeping her anxieties at bay? Possibly— though she was still unsure how that even worked.

"We're gonna watch movies today, Eden," Jin said, pursing his thick lips to keep the gravy from dribbling down his chin. "Are you gonna join us?"

"I wanted to give Eden a tour," Taehyung whined, not caring about the ring of sauce around his own mouth. "She still hasn't seen the other rooms, upstairs, or the backyard."

Jimin chuckled behind his fork. "It's a regular house, Tae. There's not much to see."

"The garden is pretty nice." Hoseok came to Taehyung's defense. "And it's huge."

"Exactly. Eden, would you rather go see the garden with me or stay inside and watch movies?"

"We have a lot of good movies," Jungkook jumped in. "And we have Netflix."

"I can do both," she offered before the two could start fighting. "I do like exploring, and I also like movies."

"We still have to clean up after lunch," Jin muttered. "Tae, why don't you take Eden to the garden while we tidy? Then come back and watch movies?"

"That's fine with me."

"It's a date then," Taehyung grinned.

Jungkook hummed to himself. "Is that okay with you, Yoongi?"

"Jungkook," Jin warned, the smirk on his face completely opposing his voice.

All eyes fell to Yoongi, who's dark eyebrows were downturned. He scoffed, picking up his fork and messing with the food on his plate in a failed attempt to look busy.

"She can do what she wants," He said flatly.

Eden couldn't help the shock on her face as she turned toward him. Where was the guy who brought her to bed and tucked her in last night? The guy who she said looked pretty in the moonlight with his glowing blond hair and tired eyes?