Act 9: The departure from Rivendell

Magsimula sa umpisa

They were riding for almost an hour now, Kili's daughter adopted to the way her body rose and fall as the stallion rode through the forest. She sniffed a blending of odors surrounding her from the smell of the rain against the trees and the familiar spice of autumn rain and mint. She suddenly blinked and opened her eyes widely 'mint,' she thought. When it hit her, that was the scent of the 'bush-screwer.' Then she noticed how tight she was holding against him and slowly softening her grip around him. She pulled her head away from his back and straightening in. Only then did she notice both of the twins riding next to them and staring at her.

"We thought you enjoyed it?" Elladan quizzed with a teasing tone, "hugging Legolas and would never free yourself from around him!"

"Can't you see, brother, she is lost around Legolas," Elrohir mocked her openly "she will no longer serve our purpose!"

Legolas rolled his eyes in disbelieve; he was worried, while for an hour now, both of the twins were too quiet not gossiping about the 'dwarf girls' reaction. He didn't expect anything less from the sons of Elrond.

"What purpose is that?" Awarthrie asked, trying to forget that part where both of the twins mocked her and how her back started aching from her previous fall. "And maybe it was your friend who enjoyed the embrace most, as he never griped about it." she paused and looked at the Mirkwood prince who was sitting in front of her motionless "And let's not forget how easy he agreed to have me ride with him."

Elladan smirked and rode closer to her placing his hand against her shoulder. "We spoke too fast, my'Lady you are after all serving your purpose," he assured her as he heard Elrohir laughing.

"Well said," he added. "Legolas might be the one who plotted, after all, to have you ride with him and keep you close,"

Legolas lifted an eyebrow smirking darkly. "Shall we ride!" he gave a small gesture at both of them, allowing them to pass in front of him. "We have a long journey to cover, so better be prepared for what lies ahead," he pointed as his gaze turned towards Awarthrie. "Riding or remaining too close... will be the last of your problems."

Awarthrie watched as the twins by-passed them and rode now steps away from them. She noticed how both could read the situation and noted when Legolas spoke, and they didn't press the mocking on. Honestly, the presents of the twins relaxed her. Although they were old and wise, Lord Elrond's sons and warriors, in their presents, she could relax and feel at ease. Even if they were elves, they reminded her of her dwarf-family, silly and teasing.

Though that was not the same as the 'Mirkwood-princess,' riding on the same horse like her, she never forgot who the elf in front of her was; she hated him and would easily aid to his harm. This was a new experience for her, riding with the enemy, even holding against him. She didn't respond and kept staring at his back. She could notice now in detail the color of his hair and how perfectly it was braided and brushed. His garments were clean and wore perfectly. She snorted at the thought of how perfect the prince looked, but how canning he was underneath.

"You snort louder than Arroch," Legolas mentioned, suddenly hiding a provoke in his tone. "If you mean to say something, say it!"

Awarthrie sighed as she realized that the elf was wonderful at starting a conversation with her. "I don't snort," she defended herself, "and you will know when I have something to say," she paused a bit, confused. "Who is Arroch?"

Legolas pointed at the brown horse that they were riding. "He isn't my horse, but whenever I am in Rivendell and need of a stallion, he is offered. We have ridden on many adventures together; he even accompanied me in my quests with Aragon." Legolas said.