Act 14: False-impressions & Heartache

Author's Note:

This is a LegoRomance (slow-burn)

Thank you for the reviews it means a lot. All the support aids me to write the next chapter. I hope you will enjoy this chapter. And I cannot wait to post the next one; that should be an interesting chapter! Enjoy!

- - -

Outskirt of Lothlórien - 12 September 3018 TA

There were no trees like the trees of Lothlórien. There was a place in the Lothlórien where the river met the holly trees. The water formed a protective arc as those ancient trees form what was called a fairy ring. There was something magical about it. In the middle of it all was an old mallorn tree, gnarled by the years with heaven bound limbs that dance in the air. Underfoot was nature's compost, the leaves never swept but giving their nutrients to feed the soil, the roots, the canopy above. And always there was the sound of the river, the golden of the leaves and the yellow flowers on the ground.

The wounded elf was leaning against the old mallorn tree, his eyes were closed and his hands touched against the earth, trying to slowly regain some of his stamina and power from the force that was provided by nature itself. The camp fire was crackling, thus resulting in wisps of gray smoke to curl free into the cloudy night sky.

Glorfindel came across of plenty potential deaths, injuries and blood. He has experienced such a thing once, he couldn't help but be a bit circumspect about it all. Not this though; Legolas was severe injured by simple orc. Legolas was a warrior, captain of Mirkwood and the son of Thranduil. There was no time to analyze the details, much less to think. Regardless, something else caused Legolas to be careless.

"I did not expect this," the elf talked surprised while he was observing the young lady that was walking towards the small spring that was close by to clean her face "You weren't that careless even as an elfin."

"It could be worse than this," his words were literally and figuratively a cold comfort, because things could always end up worse. "It could have killed the dwarf, that would be deterrent enough," he reflected, "it would bring though some peace and quite." It was a random thought spoken out loud, but brought a fading smile to his lips.

Glorfindel gazed at Legolas with one eyebrow up and an amazed expression on his face "Dwarf?" he quizzed staring now at the dark haired female who was still trying to clean the blood and mud from her hands and face "Isn't she too tall and hairless to be one?"

Legolas clasped insufficiently over his aching wound on his shoulder, before he answered with a hiding laugh in between "She is a half-breed. Dwarf and something else, human I do not know. We aren't exactly in friendly terms. She hates me!"

"Hates you?" the Prince of Gondolin wandered confused "She's not even fully grown to know what hates is Legolas. I understand that dwarves and elves despise each other, disregarding hate is a strong word. What have you done to breed such strong emotions to the she-dwarf?"

His strength was rapidly leaving his weary body, but it was tempting not to try answering his question, "I cannot neglect if my actions are the reason of her dislike, she didn't say." Legolas tried to open his eyes even if he felt his eyelids becoming heavier "She has wounded me in Imladris, and her hands rest against her weapons only by looking at me. I believe my father and I are the reason of her loathing. However, I do not know the story."

"Useless elf," Glorfindel commended with a smile "You were wounded by a dwarf-child? And I was surprised that an Orc managed to hurt you! You became just useless."