So This Is Love ~ Soda

This was requested by MoodNi9ht! Thank you so much for requesting I do hope you enjoy!!

Y/n Y/l/n was good friends with Sodapop Curtis, as well as some of the gang. She's known Soda for a while now, but they were always and only friends. Y/n loved Soda, Soda loved Y/n, neither really said it though or felt it was necessary to say.

One evening, y/n was at the Curtis household with everyone else. They had all finished an amazing dinner produced by Darry and were now just doing their own things.

"Hey Y/n, come play with us yeah?"

She looked up, noticing Steve calling her over to the table he and Soda were at. She stood up from the couch and joined them at the table, immediately being dealt into the game.

As she played, she noticed more than usual, that Soda kept looking at her, them making eye contact a few times throughout.

Y/n simply brushed it off as nothing.

------------------------------------------

You (or y/n if you will) were heading home after being at the DX with Soda almost half the day, lately things had been different between the two of you. This eye contact thing seemed to happen more and more and you didn't know how to feel about it.

But, after today, you realized something, you were in love with Sodapop Curtis.

Now back at the Curtis house, Sodapop sat at his window and realized the exact same thing, he's in love with Y/n Y/l/n.

---------------------------------------------

About a month later

Sodapop Curtis stood in front of his bedroom mirror, working up the courage to go to your home and ask you on a date. He was more than nervous, rejection filling his mind. Once he found as much as confidence as he could, he walked out the door before anything negative could come and walked to your house.

He knocked on your door, taking a deep breath when it opened to reveal you, you smiled at him, welcoming him inside.

"Y/n...I was wondering if you'd like to go out on a date me?"

You tensed up, and hoped he didn't notice. Negativity filled your mind faster than a cheetah could run as you sat there.

"I...um"

You wanted to say yes, to just shout it for the world to hear, but you couldn't. You didn't deserve Soda, he was everything, perfect, sweet, smart, passionate, and much more. He deserved someone who fit his mold, and you, didn't fit it.

"Can I think about it?"

You barely mumbled out, he nodded and left your home, a frown etched onto his face as he went home.

------------------------------------------

You spent the next three weeks doing all you could to avoid Soda, hoping he'd just forget. Of course he didn't, and finally managed to corner you one day as you were leaving your house.

"Y/n, talk to me, please"

"Soda I-"

"Why are you avoiding me?"

He whispered, backing up slightly to add more space between the two of you.

"Because..."

He looked at you, a questioning look on his face, awaiting an answer"

"...im not good enough for you Soda"

"What?"

"Don't make me repeat myself"

"What do you mean you aren't good enough?? You, y/n y/l/n are more than enough! You are perfect in your own way and amazing and sweet and you get me, you understand, and you're a great listener, you are all I want"

You smiled slightly at the ground, causing him to smile and lift your head up,

"So, about that date?"

You nodded, making him kiss your forehead and pull you close to him.

---------------------------------------

Word Count: 619

I'm so sorry this took so long but I do hope you enjoy it!!

Written: January 26-February 10,2021

Published : February 10,2021