Stars ~ Ponyboy

"Star-gazing was a good idea"

You spoke aloud as you turned your head to look at the boy laying next to you.

"Thanks, see I come up with good things sometimes"

Ponyboy smiled as you playfully rolled your eyes at him.

You were both currently lying on your backs on a blanket out in a field not too far from his house. It was quiet and peaceful and as it turns out, the best place to watch the sunsets and star gaze.

"If- if you wanna go home I'll take you home, I know you don't like staying ou-"

"Don't be silly Pony, I like staying up with you"

He gave a shy smile in your direction, both of you blushing lightly

After a few more moments, you spoke again

"You look really handsome in this moonlight"

He sat up a bit and turned to you, the tips of his ears turning red. He shook his head slightly at you, making you giggle and sit up.

"What if I told you, that I wanted to kiss you?"

"I'd tell you to do it"

So, that's exactly what he did. He leaned in and attached his lips to yours, his fingers hooking under your chin.

When he pulled back, you both were red, thankfully for the darkness to hide some of it.

He layed back down, and you layed on top of him, your head resting on his chest.

"Can I help you?"
He asked in a teasing tone

"You're my pillow now"

He shook his head at you before laughing and wrapping you in his arms.

----------------------------------------------------

Word Count:  269

A/N: republishing because I was actually very happy with this one and it was barely read : /

I'm sorry if I sound ungrateful, I'm not! This book has gotten so much attention, over 1k reads and it is very much appreciated! I love every one who reads but the interactions like comments and votes help my motivation a lot