Line Without A Hook

Y/N 's POV

I jolted awake hearing music surrounding me and I thought I played music loud my soulmate was blasting music. This must be payback for me playing my music at volumes that the space station could probably hear. But that is no reason for them to do this to me. I am too invested in my own thoughts to actually pay attention to the song it isn't until I roll out of bed that I start listening to it. 

There is nothing in between
And in my eyes, there is a tiny dancer
Watching over me, he's singing
"She's a, she's a lady, and I am just a boy"
He's singing, "She's a, she's a lady, and I am just a line without a hook"

After I finished getting ready for the day I pick my outfit.

I decided I wasn't going to put on my wig today nor was I going to wear it anymore so like any rational human I started cutting it until it looked like there was h/c grass all over my room. I know the wig is for my protection but I rather show the world the real me even if they can not know the real me if that makes sense.

I rush out of my room hoping to get some good breakfast before I have to be off to school. But my hope quickly vanished when I saw the smoke coming up from a pan on a stove. Even though my dad can save the world he can not make food for his life he's lucky he has me and Pepper.

As I entered the kitchen dad threw whatever he was trying to make in the trash so I just grab Lucky Charms from the cupboard and grab two bowls for us. 

"Thanks Kid" dad said while pouring milk into our bowls. As we were eating he kept looking at me I think he noticed that I wasn't wearing the wig but he didn't say anything.

I picked up both of our plates and we said our goodbyes but just before I was gonna leave he yelled "NOBODY BETTER RECOGNIZE YOU"

Who would recognize me just by my hair I thought and ran down to see Happy was gonna give her a ride today she umped up and hugged him he just patted her on the back. 

"Whats got you so happy?" Happy asked me with a confused/curious look on his face. 

"Nothing I guess im just happy that I don't have to wear that wig" 

We both got into the car and I put my headphones in and looked up the song my soulmate had been listening to earlier and once I found it I turned it on.

I don't really give a damn about the way you touch me
When we're alone
You can hold my hand
If no one's home
Do you like it when I'm away?
If I went and hurt my body, baby
Would you love me the same?
I can feel all my bones coming back
And I'm craving motion
Mama never really learns how to live by herself
It's a curse
And it's growing
You're a pond and I'm an ocean
Oh, all my emotions
Feel like explosions when you are around
And I've found a way to kill the sounds, oh

We finally arrived t midtown I waved goodbye and entered the school.

I started looking for MJ she was my first girl friend at the school and I refuse to let her escape my friendship.

I was too focused on finding MJ that I didn't notice Peter until I bumped into him.

                                                                                         Peter's POV

As soon as I entered the school I saw y/n wasn't here yet so after unpacking my backpack I immediately went to find Ned.

Ned was still at his locker so while he unpacked his stuff I told him how I hadn't asked y/n to the decathlon yet and about my fears that she would reject me..... no I meant reject my idea of her doing the decathlon... yeah that's what I meant.  

"Well nows your chance" Ned said while he looked down the hallway I looked and there she was but she looked different she didn't have h/c hair she looked beautiful I mean she has always looked beautiful but this was different. 

Ned put his arm on my shoulder and told me to go to her and once my legs listened to my brain I started walking over to her

She was looking around I secretly hoped she was looking for me but that clearly was not the case cause she bumped into me.

"Sorry Pete have you seen MJ"

"Ummmmm no I actually haven't but-----" she cut me off

" Im really sorry Pete I need to find her but I will talk to you at lunch"

"yeah sure I will see you there" did I really just say that I thought.

She nodded and walked off.

Well I didn't know what I was expecting when I talked to her but that was not it.

I turned around to walk back to Ned but someone hugged me from behind. I just stood there awkwardly.

The person let go and I turned around and saw y/n.

"Sorry I was just excited to see MJ that I cut you off what did you want to say to me or im assuming you wanted to say something cause you said but or maybe you didn't want to tell me anything and im just hearing things and now im rambling and I think this is the part where you start talking Pete" 

" Well I was wondering if you would I don't know want to go to the decathlon trip and join the trip"

She looked down smiling 

"I'm already going"

Ohh thank goodness she said yes well technically she didn't say yes but is going so I take this as a win.

We both are just smiling at each other in the hallway and then the bell rings so we walk to our first class together,