V.1 CH.4: The First Step

Start from the beginning

Yang: "Why do you call her kitten?" She asks F/n, with anger and jealousy in her voice.

F/n looks at her before responding.

F/n: "That's a secret" He responds, causing Yang's eyes to flash from lilac to red, until Ruby starts up a new conversation.

Ruby: "No more awkward small talk or 'getting-to-know-you' stuff. Today, I get to let my sweetheart do the talking."

She strokes Crescent Rose as she sighs happily

Yang: "Well, remember, Ruby, you're not the only one going through initiation. If you wanna grow up, you're gonna have to meet new people and learn to work together."

Ruby sighs in frustration

Ruby: "You sound like Dad!" She shoves her weapon into the locker. "Okay, first of all: What does meeting new people have to do with fighting? And secondly: I don't need people to help me grow up! I drink milk!"

F/n: "Chocolate milk doesn't count" he says, causing Ruby to pout at him

Yang: "But what about when we form teams?"

Ruby suddenly gets nervous

Ruby: "Um, I don't know, I... I'll just be on your guy's team or something..."

Yang and F/n look at each-other, before Yang responds.

Yang: "Maybe you should try being on someone else's team?"

Ruby: "My dear sister Yang, are you implying that you nor' F/n wish to be on the same team as me?"

F/n: "That's exactly what we're saying. It could possibly help you break out of your shell"

Ruby: "What the-?! I don't need to 'break out of my shell'! That's absolutely-"

Jaune: "Ridiculous!" He walks past them three, as he holds a map and looking lost. "There's no way I put my gear in locker 636 yesterday! I would've remembered having to count that high! Why does this have to happen today?"

Jaune passes Weiss and Pyrrha as they ready themselves at their lockers.

Weiss: "So, Pyrrha, have you given any thought to whose team you'd like to be on? I'm sure everyone must be eager to unite with such a strong, well-known individual such as yourself!"

Pyrrha: "Hmm... I'm not quite sure. I was planning on letting the chips fall where they may."

Weiss: "Well... I was thinking maybe we could be on a team together."

Pyrrha: "Well, that sounds grand!"

Weiss: "Great!"

Weiss turns around as she adopts a scheming pose and manic smile in her head.

Weiss: "This will be perfect! The smartest girl in class combined with the strongest girl in class! Together we will be unstoppable! I can see it now! We'll be popular! We'll be celebrities! We'll get perfect grades! Nothing can come between us now!"

Jaune comes between them and interrupting Weiss' evil train of thought

Jaune: "You know what else is great? Me. Jaune Arc. Nice to meet you."