“Y-you didn’t tell me it’s your birthday. I-I didn’t even bring you any gift.”
The mischievous gleam in his face didn’t go unnoticed by me, he leaned closer caging me,

“Well, uhm… you can give me a gift now.”

“B-but my purse is in your car and I-I don’t know what to gift or any place where…..”

I looked up to him to see his smile getting wider and his eyes fixed on my lips.

Oh.

I bite my lip hard understanding what he meant.

As Mr. Martínez turned his head to the loud yelling of David calling me from the dining room I took this opportunity to quickly place a kiss on his cheek and dash out of the kitchen.

My face was still burning hot as I sat down at the table.
Mr. Martínez joined right after.
I didn’t dare to look at his face.

“That was the best birthday gift I have ever had.”

His warm breath fanning against my bare skin left goosebumps all over me.

Dimitri

I look next to me to see her struggling to reach the plate of chicken on the table.
I placed the bowl close to her, she mumbled a small thank you without lifting her gaze and focused on her food.

I kept my gaze fixed on her.

I never thought I would end up falling in love with her and now here she is.

She walked into my life and changed everything, gave me more than I can think of.

She came into my life like a missing piece of the puzzle that I had no idea has been lost. I didn't realize how incomplete I was going from one day to another until one day she came and stood before me and made me complete.

All these years I have been hating on the thought of being in love, the idea to spend the rest of my life with someone but today looking at the beauty next to me, I have no grudge, no hatred in my heart anymore, no thought of revenge or betrayal but somewhere deep in me I feel thankful.

I am thankful for my past, I am thankful to the people in my past because without them I wouldn't have April in my life now.

She is like the summer breeze, the first shower of monsoon, like a cotton cloud in a setting autumn evening, warm snuggle on the snowy winter night, dewdrops of melting spring but more than all of that she is home.

The laughter around the table increased. I looked around the table to see the smiling faces of my parents, David, and...

I turned to April to see her staring at my parents.
Her face held a slight smile but her eyes... Her eyes held a pool of black mirroring the sadness hidden behind that smile.
I gently held her hand giving a light squeeze.
Her body shook at my sudden touch. The glisten at the corner of her eye didn't miss my gaze.

The lunch was delicious as always.
We finished the desert and went up to my room.

She heads straight towards the open window and stared at the view outside. I didn't say anything but stood next to her. She was as calm as the wind.

"Thank you for bringing me here today. Your-your parents... They are nice people." She leaned in resting her head in my chest.

"You are now a part of this family too."

She looked up at me. The unknown expression on her face was hard to read.

"Excuse me sorry to interrupt you two but shorty I got something to show you."
David walked in with an album which according to him is a collection of the best shots that he has ever taken.

I stared at them standing there. The excitement flickers in her eyes with each photo she sees.
She looked up to pass me a quick smile.

As the evening drew close a few guests joined the small party, my parents arranged. Mostly our business partners.

April stared at the entrance as more and more people started to walk in. I could see the anxiety started to build up inside her.

"Let me grab my jacket and I'll drop you home okay?"

"Okay."

I quickly came back to see her standing at the corner yawning.

Okay her battery is getting down.

"Come on let's go."

She bid goodbye to my parents and we left.

The entire ride to her place she kept dozing off to sleep and to be honest it was the cutest thing ever.

We stopped in front of her place.

She let out a yawn "Goodnight Mr.Martí..."
"Uh-huh Dimitri"
"Good night D-Dmitri."
I took her in a hug and planted a kiss on her forehead.
"Goodnight Love." She was too sleepy to notice what I said.
"Bye-bye," as soon as her hand slipped mine I craved her touch like never before.

I saw her walking inside and at that moment I knew I don't want to let go of her hand ever again. I knew what I need to do to make sure she'll be with me forever.

A/N: Hello everyone, hope you all are doing great and staying safe.
New chapter!!
I just wanna say how thankful I am to each one of you for giving my story a chance, giving so much love and support, and voting for my story.
You guys have no idea how happy reading your comments make me feel.
Let me know what you think about the story so far.
Thank you once again.
🌿