34

For the next few hours, Evelyn and Will found themselves wandering about their smithy, reminiscing on every memory they had in there.

Evelyn still couldn't wrap her head around the idea.

Their smithy.

The Turner's smithy.

Together, they now owned this place together.

A place they grew up in.

They couldn't even put it into words how much it meant to them. She knew it partly strange for Will. This used to be where he lived when they were growing up. It wasn't much of a home but it was where he was able to sleep and make a living. Even Evelyn mentally admitted to herself that it would feel strange if she were in his shoes. But for the most part, she knew how happy he was.

Evelyn still smiled at her adoring husband, walking up to him as he stood in the center of the barn, looking around it. She wrapped her arms around his waist, pressing against his side. Will glanced down at her, beaming and wrapping his arm around her.

"I think it's going to be good for you to get back into your old roots. Finally be able to take credit for your work that you so desperately deserve." She gave him a knowing glare. When they were growing up, Will was always the one crafting every order that came into the shop. The original owner, Mr. Brown,--a drunken fool--took credit for everything Will made. It always angered Evelyn, for she always knew how hard he worked, how much time he took in his craft.

Will chuckled, nodding. "I think so too." He licked his lips. "I can work here with my father, teach him everything I know. Even teach the children, if they want. All three of them." Looking down and seeing Evelyn's astonishment at his word, a small smirk grew on his lips. "Yes, I think even our daughter should have a chance to learn, again, if she wants too."

Evelyn smiled wide, pride flowing through her. "We are too far ahead of our time, I think." Both shared a small chuckle. "I think it would mean the world to her to hear those words come out of your mouth."

"As do I." He sighed. "I can't believe that bloke at the bank spoke like that in front of you, to you. It made my blood boil." Will looked away from Evelyn, a sour look washing over his features.

Biting her lip, she shook her head, loving how her husband was one of equality. It always made her feel proud of him. Standing on her toes, she pressed a kiss to the corner of his mouth. "I'm over it. As long as you never speak to me like that, I'll let it slide. Besides," she spoke casually, "if I had really showed him what I was thinking in my head as he spoke, we wouldn't be standing with the key and I would probably be behind bars."

The man grinned, rubbing her back. "I would never speak to you or our daughter like that." He leaned down to her ear, lips lightly grazing the shell of her ear. "Besides, I would break you out before you were in there for an hour." And with that, he pressed a kiss to her cheek.

Blushing, Evelyn giggled, shaking her head. "I would hope so. Why now stop all the illegal things we've done over the years?" She spoke rather lightly, sarcasm barely scratching over her words.

As Will laughed over her words, the door to the smithy opened up again. To their surprise, they had no idea who it could be. The sun was still bright out in the opening of the door, they could barely see the figures approaching its ajar opening.

Before they even could blink, multiple figures wander through the barn doorway, coming out of the light and into the shade.

It was their children and Carina.

Charlie eagerly walked in, glancing at his parents before looking around. "So this is the famous smithy you two are so fond of?" He gave a gaped grin, his emerald eyes curiously drinking in the new environment.