22

The sound of waves crashing against the sides of the Black Pearl rang in Evelyn's ears. Her eyelids slowly peeled open, revealing a blurry room before her. Blinking, her vision cleared, allowing her to properly look around the room where the crew rested. Everyone slept as still as the dead. It was a long time since anyone had dealt with such adventure.

Evelyn let out a noise in the back of her throat, lifting her head from Will's chest. She turned her head to look at his face, seeing that he was in fact awake. A smile formed on his lips as he tilted his head to fully look up at her. She smiled too, admiring her dear husband.

"Good morning." He whispered, a soft rasp touching his voice. That sound always made Evelyn's toes curl.

"Good morning." Evelyn repeated, rolling carefully on to her stomach, laying her hands on his chest. "What are you doing awake?" She furrowed her eyebrows, tilting her head. Normally, Evelyn was always the first to wake. Very rarely did Will ever find himself awake before her.

Will lifted an arm back, nuzzling it under hid head. "Couldn't sleep." He replied simply.

Evelyn licked her lips, nodding. "Worried about your father again?"

The woman's husband nodded, flicking his eyes away from her. "I just hope nothing happened to him. We come all this way to save him, only to be too late." He explained, closing his eyes out of tiredness and stress.

Evelyn softly shushed her husband, almost cooing him. Leaning down, she pressed a small, comforting kiss on his lips. "Everything will be fine. Remember what I said before." She whispered against his lips, staring at his closed eyelids. Will didn't acknowledge what she had said, only tilted his lips up higher to connect with her lips again. It made Evelyn grin. She pulled back slightly, pressing a finger to his lips. "Did you hear me?" A teasing question.

Will lightly smirked against her finger, eyes still closed. "Yes." A breathy laugh came passed his parted lips.

Removing her finger, the grin on Evelyn's face grew more as she leaned back down to press another kiss on his lips. The hammock creaked, swaying slightly as Evelyn moved but they didn't care.

"Would you please I'm trying to sleep." Charlie's voice came muffled. Evelyn and Will pulled a part, looking at each other with slightly wide eyes. They looked down near the hammock, seeing Charlie laying on the ground with a blanket on his face. Looking back at each other, they shared an amused smile. Evelyn moved back laying back in her original position, snuggling against Will's side and on his chest. They laid there for a few hours, in silence, as the sun climbed up higher and the crew woke.

~

Climbing out from the darkness and into the light, Evelyn and Will trailed up the steps to the deck. Before them stood the crew, preparing the dingy for them. They two shared a gentle look after noticing their children standing around, looking off beyond the horizon.

Evelyn knew that feeling, that moment all too well. She look back to the three, tilting her head as a sad smile faintly laid on her lips.

Before she realized, the children turned around, looking at their parents. Each of them sharing the same kind of look as Evelyn. All three of them moved to stand beside their parents, turning around to look at the growing thumping from behind.

Captain Barbossa, with his daughter at his side, lipped out from the captain's quarters and over to Jack who has been standing besides Mr. Gibbs, talking. Barbossa raised his chin, broadening his chest as he look towards the other captain. "Jack." He started.

The pirate turned, looking up at Barbossa. He mimicked his body language, curling a nostril up. "Hector." He spoke, mimicking the way he had spoken.