30

Evelyn adjusted the ends of the sleeve of her lavender gown, smoothing out the white sheer, lacy ruffles that tickled half of her forearms. A small smile toyed on her lips as she tugged at the neckline of her gown, moving her breast so they rested comfortably under the slight tightness her dress made.

It was a beautiful gown Evelyn was wearing. One Will had purchased for her shortly after Charlie had been born. The gown was designed for her to be fit perfectly. She knew her husband's mind, knowing the gown was made for her to put on effortlessly.

If Margret Adams had been alive to see Evelyn dressing herself, she would have a raging fit.

After Amelia and Evelyn's father had gotten married, Amelia and Evelyn agreed they shouldn't have servants dress them. For years, Evelyn had a distaste for other people dressing her. Even if it always was Amelia, she still felt silly having her most trusted friend, parental figure having dress her as she grew older.

Amelia had always reminded Evelyn that it was normal for a wealthy family to have servants do such thing. But Evelyn felt differently.

It was after Amelia and Charles had gotten married, things like that had changed.

And it stayed that way once Evelyn and Will had taken over the Adam's household.

So now they dress themselves, in some of their finest clothing for a very special dinner for this evening.

Evelyn's parents and Will's father were going to be meeting each other for the very first time.

It was a very important night for the couple. After being friends for years to being husband and wife for years, their families were going to meet.

Much to Evelyn's surprise, she wasn't nervous about it. Not even in the slightest. If anything she was excited to see them come face to face. Each side had known of each other for so long but have yet to meet due to Bootstraps curses. Now that he was free, it was finally time for the Turner and the Adams to meet.

However, Evelyn could sense Will anxiousness. She knew he was excited but he still worried, wanting it to be perfect.

"Do you think they are going get along?" Will asked Evelyn over his bare shoulder.

A small chuckle came from her as she slipped on her shoes. She swayed over to her husband as he changed into his finer clothing. Her hands came to rest on his bare waist, placing a kiss on his warm shoulder. "I think they are going to love each other." Peaking over his shoulder, she met his eyes in his reflection in the full length mirror. Evelyn desperately wanted to settle his nerves, hoping her soothing words could help.

The corner of Will's mouth turned up. "Is this your Evelyn intuition?" He teased.

Giggling, Evelyn turned her head to look up at him. "It's always my Evelyn intuition." She pointed out, making his chuckle.

Will shook his cream colored shirt around in his hands, opening the bottom. "It's never lead me wrong." He raised a brow to her reflection. Evelyn took a step back as she removed her arms from his waist, allowing him to place his shirt on. She walked around him, watching him tuck the bottom into his trousers. "This must be so strange to him." He spoke, fixing his sleeves.

Evelyn nodded, not realizing it until Will had pointed out the thought. It must be entirely strange to him. She leaned gently against the mirror, watching Will. "I agree. Maybe even more than strange."

"Years it's been since he's last ate decent food, slept in a real bed. I wouldn't be surprised if he disregards it all." Will's gaze casted down at his shoes in the reflection of the mirror.