03

Saint Martin.

Of all the places.

Jack Sparrow was headed to Saint Martin.

After two weeks worth of traveling and searching, Evelyn and Will sat at a small tavern, having a hot meal. Exhaustion was written on their faces. They hadn't been this tired since Henry, Charles, and Amelia were children. Searching for Jack was harder than they had thought. Most people had spoke of Jack either being dead or not knowing who he was.

Traveling had grown harder when Evelyn and Will decided to leave James Finch's ship and head in the opposite direction as him. Sadly, Mr. Finch had to go back to Port Royal after a week of traveling. This news created a bit of an obstacle with Will's and Evelyn's plans but they knew they couldn't go back and wait. So, they thanked the man and parted their ways.

On the small, grey-brown table, food had been placed down by a bar maid. She was quick and paid no attention to them, leaving without saying so much as a word. Two bowls of beef and vegetable stew, some bread, and two mugs of water sat before them.

"Well we know for a fact he's here." Evelyn stated, scooping up some of her beef stew.

"What makes you say that?" Will raised a brow, slowing lifting his spoon to his mouth. He blew the hot steam before placing the wooden utensil in his mouth.

"No one causes this much damage to a city in one day unless you are Jack Sparrow." Her brow was rose and a sharp glare was in her eyes.

Will's eyebrows flashed up, nodding. "Fair enough." He placed his spoon down, crossing his arms on the tabletop. "What do we do when we find him? What do we say to him?" His voice grew quieter as he spoke to his wife.

Evelyn blinked. She had been thinking throughout their travels on what to say to him. Things such as "Jack we need your help" or "Jack its good to see you, help us" had crossed her mind. Truth was she didn't exactly know what to expect when she would see him. A small part of her wondered if he even remembered her. But for the most part, she was fairly confident he would remember her and be willing to help.

Reaching across the table, she ripped off a piece of the bread. "I don't know. I mean don't want to sound full of myself but I think Jack might just stop and be overjoyed to see me. But I don't know. Most important thing is he's alive and has a crew that can help us. All we need to worry about is finding him and getting him to help us." Evelyn's heart dropped at the next thing that came to her mind. "And Henry. We still have to find Henry too." Her eyes dropped to the stew before her.

Will reached across the table, taking her curled up hand into his. "We will find him. Maybe he's here on the island. If he is at all like us, he'll be able to take care of himself. I know it. I know you do too." He offered her a comforting squeeze and a sympathetic look.

Evelyn's emerald eyes flickered to their hands, noticing the loving way he held it. They flickered up to meet his dark chocolate eyes, staring at him through her eyelashes. A small, tired sigh came from her. "I know, you're right." Again, she sighed. Being all worked up over something she couldn't control was only going to eat her up, and she knew that. So, she tried to keep her mind off her worries and make the best out of her alone time with her husband. She straightened her back, placing a hand on top of his hand. Blinking rapidly, she was able to pull up a smile on her face. "Umm." She mustered herself to start, thinking for a moment. "You know, I've always been the only to talk you down into comfort and lately you've been doing that for me." She leaned forward.

"You've been under a lot of stress lately. I just wanted to help." Will admitted sheepishly.

She stared at him in awe. "Well you have so thank you."