Chapter 12- A Jealous Wife

Start from the beginning

"Darling, if something is to ever happen to me... You must not hurt yourself in the same way that Juliet hurt herself," I changed the topic but was completely honest with my words.

"Why not?" She asked, looking up at me with eyes that told me she wouldn't hesitate to hurt herself if something, god forbid, is really ever to happen to me.

"Because whether heaven is real or not, know that I will be waiting for you," A small smile climbed onto her face and she nodded. 

"The same could be said about me,"

"The same doesn't need to be said about you," I poked her nose.

"Why not?" She raised a questioning brow.

"Because unlike Romeo who couldn't protect his wife, the same can't be said about me," She laughed along with me, tightening her linked hand around mine.

"Shall we go home?" I calmly asked and she nodded her head as I lead us outside after helping her with her coat. I had never liked going home after work since it was devoid of anything but things were so much more different now, she was always there for me.

"Ambrose? Ambrose is that you? Oh my goodness, it is!" That voice... Dammit all to damnation, the timing could not have been any worse.

I turned around just in time to see none other than Leilani Richardson rushing towards me with a bright smile on her average-looking face as if we were long lost lovers when in fact, I liked to believe that we were the complete opposite of that since I hated her. Unfortunately, the same could not be said about her.

I was forced to grow up with her since our parents were close but after their death, I moved to my main estate where I now live with my wife and didn't bother in keeping contact with them. Up to this day, I only see them at large functions but don't do much more than a nod.

They weren't present at Aria and my wedding but they must have been living under a rock if they hadn't heard the news since the story was all over newspapers and such.

Before she could jump me, I stepped back, the fakest smile on my face as I pulled Aria forward into her line of vision.

"Miss Richardson. What an unpleasant surprise to see you here," She laughed at my words, waving me off as if I had been joking.

"Oh, please, Ambrose. What happened to Layla?" She laughed and I felt my brows twitch. The only time that I called her that was in her dreams, not once in reality.

"I haven't seen you for so long. Did you miss me?" She attempted to throw herself at me once more but I easily dodged and she awkwardly laughed, an embarrassed blush on her face.

"Not at all. You were the last thing on my mind, especially since my wedding," And then, she froze, standing up straight and finally noticing my wife's presence.

"Right. I had heard rumours about your wedding but I thought them to be false because if I am not good enough for you then there should be no one else... but I guess I was proven wrong? Who are you, may I ask? I have never seen nor heard of you before,"

"The same could be said about me towards you... I am Arianna Callisto, Rose's wife," I smirked at my wife, satisfied by her jealousy. She was honestly too adorable sometimes, now being one of those times.

"W-Well..." Leilani turned to look at me.

"You heard my wife. Aria is the only one for me," I nodded.

"Well, it was lovely to meet you. If I have the time then I will be sure to visit your estate sometime," She curtsied a small curtsy before rushing off with a bright red face and I stared after her, annoyed at the realisation that there was more annoying nonsense to come from her.

"So... Layla, was it?" I turned back to see a glaring wife.

"Don't be jealous, darling. She was putting words in my mouth," I smiled, placing a hand on her chin and running my thumb over her bottom lip.

When the frown didn't leave her face, I leaned down and stole a kiss right there in front of everyone as if telling them all that she was the only one for me, my woman. And Aria herself seemed to have noticed too. She pushed my chest, hiding her lips from me with her hands and a glare on her face.

A laugh broke out of my throat and I held her hand, leading us the rest of the way out of the theatre and to our waiting carriage.

"Let's go home. There, I will show you that you are the only woman for me," I smirked.

"No, I believe you. You don't need to go that far," She quickly cut back.

"Oh, but I insist," And she knew that when I had my mind set on something, there was no changing it and now was one of those many times and I couldn't wait.

...