Chapter 18: A Family Secret

"Well, this meeting is done. Four you can take her home now." Tori instructs him then turns back to what looks like a lot of paperwork.

Which I guess makes sense I mean if you run an entire little city then paperwork is a guarantee.

"Wait that's it I don't get any more words of wisdom or a mask like this guy?"

"Masks are only given to our special  team." Four said.

"Oh and I'm not special?" 

"Not even close." He scoffs. 

"Everything else about our procedures will be given to you on a need-to-know basis." Tori said. 

"And how do I get to the need-to-know bases?"

"That depends on how well you do in training."

"Training?"

"Yes, all recruits who will be helping with this mission need combat training," She said, "Now Four will take you home and will come to collect you when your training will start."

"Who will be my trainer?" I ask. 

"Me." Four said.

I give Tori a seriously look.

"He is the best we have." She shrugs.

Sighing I tap my fingers against the armrest of my chair.

"Fine, you gonna take me home or what?"

"Well, I don't exactly have a choice now do I."

"No you don't," Tori chuckles," Now seriously get the hell out I have work to do and I have to get back to Dauntless to work on the Eaton case."

Four and I get up and we start making our way out of the building.

As we walk back to the door I was expecting everyone to watch me again. But the streets are quiet. Empty. Peaceful.

"I like the quiet too." Four said, not looking back at me.

"I never said I did."

"I could just tell."

We lapsed back into silence and kept walking. We climb back up the stairs and into the woods shutting the trap door behind us locking the city away from view.

"Holy shit." Four curses, raising his hands just in time to stop a twig from flying into his face.

The wind has severely picked up and combined with the dark we are essentially blind the whole way back. But somehow we manage to get to the outskirts of Abnegation.

"I am sure you can manage the rest of the way." Four said.

"Yeah." I nod.

"Okay, like Tori said I will come and fetch you when your training will start."

"Yeah, when will that be?"

He shrugs. 

"It could be tomorrow or the next day or the day after that. Just be prepared for me to suddenly appear." He said while gesturing with his hands.

This action makes a smirk pull on my lips. Didn't expect him to have a humorous side.

"Goodbye Four."

"Bye Stiff."

I roll my eyes and then start running back to my house.

Climbing up pipes while the wind is pushing against you is not fun at all. I nearly slipped and fell three times. But I managed to wiggle my body up there and through my window which I immediately shut after.