Ch. 42: Finally Discharged

Depuis le début

Y/N: Aaah!

I jump back and grab my chest. My heart is pounding because of shock and Dahyun gives me a confused look.

Dahyun: What?

Y/N: I-it’s nothing. (mumble) Seriously, why did she have to stand so close behind me like that, and when did she even come into the room?

Dahyun gives me an even more confused look and I shake my head and stand straight.

Y/N: I’m good. What’s up?

Like nothing happened a while ago, Dahyun smiles brightly at me and I can see that she’s becoming overly excited again.

Dahyun: Get washed up before we go to your home. I also prepared your clothes and they’re in my room. You can change there if you want.

I look at Dahyun suspiciously. She’s smiling widely again.

Y/N: Uh... why do I have to wash up now when I can just do that at my own home? I mean, that is where we’re going, right?

Dahyun looks at me with a surprised look for a moment, then starts laughing in an exaggerated way.

Dahyun: Of course, you have to wash up now! Don’t you know it’s bad luck if you don’t wash up before going home after coming from the hospital?

Dahyun then bends towards me, placing a hand over the side of her mouth.

Dahyun (whisper) You might bring diseases into your home, you know?

Y/N: So, basically, I just brought diseases into your home?

Dahyun looks at me with a surprised look, once again, then starts laughing exaggeratedly again.

Dahyun: Well, this isn’t your home, is it? Just go and wash already if you wanna get home soon!

She then starts pushing me towards the bathroom and I eventually give in and go in and wash myself. When I’m done, I go to her room and see clothes on the bed. Only, the clothes, apart from the underwear, are not mine, and it’s a dress. A plain white short-sleeved dress with its skirt reaching down to my knees.

What the heck is this? Suddenly, it reminds me of our uniforms back in high school.

I call out the door for Dahyun.

Y/N: Uh, Dahyun? I think you took the wrong clothes! This dress isn’t mine!

I then hear Dahyun shout from outside the room.

Dahyun: Ah, Jinjja? Just wear it already since it’s what’s there anyway.

I look back at the dress when Dahyun finishes her sentence then sigh and shrug as I change into it. By the time I’m done changing, it’s already 5:30 and the sun had started to set. I step out of Dahyun’s room and see her looking at me with wonder.

Dahyun: Wow~ Y/N, you look really pretty in that dress!

Y/N: You did this on purpose, didn’t you?

Dahyun didn’t laugh exaggeratedly or nervously, this time, though. Instead, she just smiles playfully at me.

Y/N: Alright! Tell me what’s going on.

Dahyun: Oh, you’ll know soon.

Dahyun continues smiling playfully at me and I sigh frustratingly.

Dahyun: Come on! Let’s go to your home!

She then gestures me to follow as she walks towards the door and I do as I’m told. When we’re outside, I suddenly see Eunwoo at the gate with Minhyuk’s car behind him. He smiles brightly as we step out and Dahyun runs to him, placing her arms around his waist as she reaches him. Eunwoo smiles brightly as Dahyun does this and I smile.