Baobei don't cry, Smile for me please?

Weiying did not know how long he slept. The air inside this enclosure was damp, probably because it was still raining outside. It was Lanzhan's warm hand carressing his forehead gently and his deep voice nudging him awake. When he opened his eyes, there was a torch mounted on the wall. The firewood that was on the ground had been extinguished.

"How are you feeling?"

Lanzhan asked. Weiying could see the dim yellow light casting shadow on his handsome face.

"Better. Is it morning?"

"Its morning. We have to move."

Weiying got up and put his foot down. When he did his feet was wet.  The water had unexpectedly entered their compartment.

"The water is leaking." Lanzhan said as he brought down a torch close to the stone entrance. Through the thin gaps framing the entryway, the water was slowly seeping through. If they could not find a way out they would be drowned like rats in this enclosed chamber. Their corpses would be bloated up due to the water entering their bodies. Weiying was reminded of the floating dead bodies he had seen before and shuddered. He did not want him and Lanzhan to end up that way.

Weiying panicked for a moment. Yet it was too dark for Lanzhan to notice.

"Lanzhan... Have you figured a way out?"

"I've looked around here. There isn't a way out down here except through where we came from."

"But if we open the door the flood would rush in and the current may be too big to swim out safely."

"Yes. Thats also true. But see there are some firewood and dried leaves scattered here which meant there could be another way out."

Weiying took the torch from the wall and shine it to the ceiling above him. It seemed pretty tall but the light could only reach about one to two meters above him. He could not see clearly.

"Lanzhan, why not I stand against the wall and you climb on my shoulders.. You might be able to see  whats up there."

Lanzhan was dumbfounded for a while. He seemed quite uncomfortable with the proposal. However, that might be their only chance. The water was at their knees now.

"Okay. But I'll stand and you'll climb onto me."

"Why? Aren't we both male? Don't tell me you are afraid I'm not strong enough to carry you."

"Ain't I taller than you Weiying? You get up. Quick!"

Lanzhan was putting his palm on Weiying's waist. Weiying finally relented. It was futile to argue over such things anyway. It didnt matter who went up on whose shoulders. So Weiying stood on Lanzhan's shoulders and Lanzhan handed him the torch.

"How is it?"

"This rocks are so slippery."

"I'll move you around hold steady Weiying."

"Okay"

"Stop Lanzhan. I see something."

Lanzhan stopped and looked up.

I think there might be an opening up there.

There had to be. Otherwise leaves could not get in this space at all. Now the biggest question was how the hell they would get up there.

Weiying got down from his shoulders and whined. By the time Weiying was put down, the water level had reached his thighs.

I wish I had my ropes.

"We don't. But there is still water."

Lanzhan suddenly said.

"Huh? Don't tell me..."