Chapter 20: I will protect you

*Warning NSFW/ violence

"Don't go too far you witch! You got what you wanted so let us go!" Lanzhan shouted across the room.

"Why? aren't you curious as well General Lan? Don't you want to know if you wrongly married a man instead of a woman?"

The words seemed to strike the wrong chord. Lanzhan was furious.

"You witch!" Lanzhan shook himself from his captors and kicked them with his unbound legs. His upper body movements were restricted by the ropes binding him, only his legs remained free. He managed to knock the two guards beside him, yet about five more soldiers around the room surrounded him and attacked him. Lanzhan's figure that was once standing soon fell to the ground and green clad soldiers were landing kicks and punches on his helpless body.

"Stop them!" Weiying shouted, he could not stand seeing Lanzhan get beat up this way.

Wenling smirked and ordered the assault to stop.

Lanzhan was pulled up on the floor. His neat bun was in a mess and his hair fell messily on his face. Red liquid stained the corner of his lips. His face was bruised and swollen. Weiying closed his eyes in remorse, as if the pain was inflicted in his own body. He wanted to run to him but he was blocked off by the guards.

"So lets finish the show now. Will you do it yourself or someone else will do it to you?"

Lanzhan was restrained by four guards this time to ensure he did not escape.

Weiying took a deep breath. It was no big deal he told himself. There was no avoiding it this time. The most important thing was to stay alive. If he was to die, at least Lanzhan should be safe. His hands were trembling as he unbuckled his belt. Lanzhan would find out one day. He planned to divorce him anyway. It did not matter. Yet to be humiliated in such a manner make his stomach cringe to the point that he felt he wanted to throw up.

His belt buckle fell to the floor. His outer coat was next. The murmurs grew silent. Everyone in the room was watching him, The black cloth rustled off his body and fell slowly to the ground.

Lanzhan's face turned red, he turned his head to one side. He could not hardly bring himself to look.

Wenling walked toward Lanzhan. Her hands clenching his jaw and turned his head to face Weiying.

"Watch closely my dear."

His white inner coat was next.

Its okay. Everyone is a man here. It really doesn't matter. He chanted to himself, fighting back the urge to tear up.

The white cloth fell slowly to the floor. His broad unblemished honey stained chest was exposed for all to see. He had never shared a bath with anyone his whole life. His body was his alone. This was the first time he had to show it to so many people. An indescribable wave of shame spread across his face.

He braved himself to speak as if it was nothing. He hoped no one would notice the slight quiver in his voice.

"There. I'm not Weiying or who you think I am. There's no mark that you spoke of."

Lanzhan saw the scene in front of him. His eyes were wide, bottomless and empty. He said nothing and stared silently. Weiying did not want to meet his gaze. Despite his calm appearance, he was very much aware Lanzhan was a few meters from him, seeing what he dreaded the most since the day they were married. Weiying's stomach twisted uncontrollably into a tight knot. He thought that his expression must be really awful.

Weiying took a deep breath, then picked up his clothes on the ground to put it on himself.

"Wait!"