Chapter 23 : Not heavy

"My name is WenQing, I'm your older sister."

"What? How can that be? I'm the oldest in my family."

I'm the daughter of Weiming and WenLing, so I'm your half sister.

Weiying found that even harder to believe. His father was an upright man who only loved one woman in his life and that woman was Zhaosiling, Weiying's birth mother. However, seeing that their appearance were very similar, Weiying had every reasons to believe her.

Some 25 years ago, Weiming came to the Wen territory in search of a rare herb. He met Wenling and they fell in love. Weiming and Wenling had a brief love affair. Despite knowing he had promised to marry the sister of king of Zhao, they still began the love affair. Wenling had hoped that Weiming would have a change of heart but he never did. She even agreed to being his concubine. Yet Weiming betrayed her. On the day where they were to elope together, he had already left her beforehand. After that, Wenling kept her pregnancy a secret even from her brother Wenxu. Wenxu only found out when her pregnancy was close to an end where it became too difficult to hide the baby bump. She gave birth to Wenqing and single handedly raised her as a Wen princess.

"Thats what I heard from my uncle. My mother never talked about it with me."

"At the time, your father didn't know that my mother was pregnant. She always blamed him for being cold hearted and leaving her. But then uncle blamed her too for pushing their love even though she knew your father was already engaged to your mother."

"Mother really wanted a male child. So even though she tortured you, she did not plan on killing you I swear."

She drew out a pill on her hand and placed it on Weiying's mouth, then she gave him water to drink.

"Drink this, it will help you get better soon brother."

Weiying grabbed hold of the pale fingers on his lips. They were smaller than his.

Older sister... I have an older sister. He could not tear his gaze away from the beautiful woman that had his face.

After that, she gave him clothes to wear.

"Come, follow me, I will get you out of this place."

"Why are you helping us?" Lanzhan asked her.

"I'm not helping you general Lan. I'm helping him because he's my brother."

Weiying slid off the light blue robe covering his skin. Many places in his body were still laced with fresh cuts and it hurt when it came in contact with a cloth. He tried to stand but helplessly fell to the ground. Lanzhan saw that he was struggling so he came over to help Weiying wear the new outfit. As he did so, he came to see the fresh wounds staining the beautiful skin and could not help feel his heart cut into pieces.

"Weiying, can you walk?"

Lanzhan let go of his hands. Weiying held onto the walls of his cell. His head felt dizzy.

"Come on quickly before my mother discovers you."

Lanzhan grabbed onto Weiying's arm and flung it across his shoulder. Then he pulled Weiying to his back.

"Lanzhan... What are you doing?"

Weiying was on Lanzhan's back. His identity had just been blown so given his current status as a male, doing this with another male made him slightly embarassed.

"We need to get out fast. Hang on tight Weiying."

Right. Now isn't time to be shy.

Outside the sky was dark. The guards were asleep on their tables. Wenqing had drugged them it seems.