Chapter 14: Beautiful..

*Hello my lovelies, in this chapter I'd like to reintroduce two characters in more detail. Here are pictures of what I envision them to be. Enjoy!!

General Xu Xuan Zhong/ General Xuan

Second Prince HelianChen/ Prince Chen

Chapter 14

The cell was dark and damp. He had been injured and roughly treated along the way to the famed city of Yan An - Qi kingdom's capital. What he knew of the capital came from stories he heard as a child. It was said to be the most beautiful capital city in the whole four kingdoms. However, in his damp cell inside a carriage where he was chained, he could only heard faint noise of a crowded place as the shaky wagon drove through. It was no different than the place he came from. He had been injured and unconscious. A soldier physician dressed his wound sloppily. Did not even bother cleaning it thoroughly before dressing it up. He wondered how a low skilled physician would be accompanying someone of General Lan's stature.

His arm and stomach had been wounded in his exchange with General Lan.

He had been following orders. Political games were not his strong forte. The emperor himself had decreed the take over of Qinghe and promised the hand of the princess if he was to succeed. Truth be told, he had only met the princess a few times when he was in the company of the Xu princes. He was a military man who was constantly on military duty. At his age, he had refused many marriage offers to the dismay of his family.

The princess had served him tea once at the presence of her brother, and might also have offered her hand made cake. She was the epitome of a youthful beauty who might have taken a liking to him. Her face flashed across his mind. He wondered if she was worth the humiliation of being defeated and paraded in a carriage to be handed to enemy territory.

He felt warm on his stomach. The dirty armor he had downed had been removed and only his inner wear remained. The poorly managed wound seemed to have reopened. He felt his consciousness fading away.

A sharp coldness cut through his skin and jolted him awake. He opened his eyes. He was in a dark place. The air smelled foul and the torches that hung on the jagged stone walls poorly illuminated the surroundings. It appeared that he was in some sort of a dungeon When he woke up. The icy water burned his face and splashed to his wound raw.