㋡𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

Start from the beginning

"LIFT YOUR HEAD AND GET AT THEM AGAIN!" he repeated as he stood and waved his hands and though he earned looks, it was very noticeable that their spirits were raised.

he wasn't too proud enough to become the center of attention for doing something out of place yet your gut tied up from the stares alone.

noticing his hands waving, you also realized he was wearing the armband you gave him the day before and your heart raced proudly.

the last set was over with a score of 23-25 (the team that you were cheering for being the losing one). though they lost you felt proud at how they had gotten better throughout the match.

knowing that someone was watching them and cheering for them.

you were about to stand with their few supporters and clap for them when you were glancing at bokuto again and unintentionally saw his phone.

he had been sitting with a frown, zoned out as he stared at the phone. A name with a heart (you hadn't seen the name)  that he had texted:

Bokuto: 'Will you be able to make it to the practice match on Wednesday?'

:'I'll have a presentation the day after so I can't. Kōtarō you need to start studying for midterms"

Bokuto: 'haha. I will. don't worry. cheer me on from home!'

: "okay"

you saw him type 'I wish you could make it' before erasing the message and changing it.

'Ok. Do your best!'  he typed instead with a grinning emoji though his face was nowhere near as emotive.

the typing bubble by the name came up but then disappeared right after.

Seen.

looking away and taking your seat again, you found your gut falling as you remembered what he had said before.

' I'm here. I'm trying. Look at me'  huh. you found yourself thinking as you compared his lowered head gaze to that of the first years in the game. the depressed state felt contagious.

 "Ah, the game is done

"Ah, the game is done. You enjoyed it?" he asked looking from his phone and back to you with a grin that grew on his face too soon to be real. it took you a while to get used to it. you clenched your fist by your side to suppress the feeling as you returned a soft smile while he pocketed the phone.

I wonder where he learned to fake that grin so perfectly.

how long did he have to practice to get it right?

"I did thanks," you said with a closed-eyed smile though your heart hurt both for him and yourself. 

you found yourself thinking of the thought from yesterday when you realized the memory of him wearing the armband would now be stained by the accidental seen texts and his depressed gaze.

bokuto-san, you're the worst