㋡𝘀𝗶𝘅𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻

a/n: major changes

『𝘀𝗶𝘅𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻』

you told kenma what had been happening though not entirely.

In fact, the only thing you disclosed was that you were in a complicated situation with a guy that had a girlfriend but even though you knew it was wrong, it didn't feel wrong at all.

it didn't feel wrong because for some reason, despite akaashi's proclamations of hopelessness, you knew something was there.

you even went on to ask him if you were delusional to actually believe you had a chance.

you described bokuto without naming him, highlighting how the ace seemed to be in a terrible relationship and never really happy at all.

how you always felt the need to make him smile though you weren't exactly sure if it meant you were misunderstanding your sympathy or pity for affection.

"it's the need to get things controlled or the need to fix. I think it's a setter thing since we're usually in control of the ball on the court" kenma had said as he stared at the screen though with a distant look.

as if he was analyzing his past behaviors as well then chuckled as he mumbled "it's a sickness"

it was funny to know that your volleyball history was probably the reason why you wanted to help so much. even when you left kenma's house you thought about it.

kenma didn't bother to warn you about how serious the situation might turn out to be because he already knew you were smart enough to avoid drama if it wasn't necessary.

considering that you actually wanted to see it through with the unnamed guy, he decided that he would bet that something was actually there.

with your fingers skimming over the ice cream tubs in the convenience store you remembered his ultimate advise after hearing all you had to say.

"just ask him, then avoid him"

because whether he liked you or not, there was no action that could be taken. and there was no saving for someone who was comfortable in their distress.

you had so many questions for him. you wanted to ask him what exactly he felt when he was with you or why he was so unhappy. ask him why he was avoiding you but his touches lingered.

why send akaashi first instead of talking to you instead.

of course there was a possibility that he wouldn't answer and there was also a possibility that the answers would be those you didn't want to hear.

the last confrontation with you was even more confusing if you considered it. telling you he didn't regret it and he would do it again but also trying to scare you off by saying you wouldn't both work as if he considered it.