㋡𝐭𝐰𝐨

edited - TINY EDITS. LESS CRINGE. (like ten words changed lmao)

https://discord.gg/UPGcZKwY

'𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚔 𝚒'𝚖 𝚕𝚘𝚞𝚍?'

'𝚒 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚔 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚌𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚋𝚎 𝚒𝚏 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚐𝚎𝚝 𝚎𝚡𝚌𝚒𝚝𝚎𝚍 𝚎𝚗𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑'

『𝙩𝙬𝙤』

for the rest of the month, you were present for each match and practice match though you made sure to sit in the back and hide away. since bokuto always scanned the stands, he would always notice you and wave. Then you would wave too.

whenever akaashi looked to where you were, you would duck behind seats to avoid his disappointed gaze.

of course, he still always saw.

Regardless, as the days went by, you found your eyes glued to bokuto more rather than the ball. Realizing his change in moods more often than the change in scores. realizing when he changed shoes rather than a change in footing.

whenever his spikes went through or he blocked a ball, your heart would warm and internally you celebrated for him.

you were too much of a coward to do it out loud.

you had also managed to pick up on the mannerisms of their usual team rotation and some of the bench members.

by the end of October, you had known most of their names without ever speaking to them. still somehow, you felt connected to them already.

eventually the gossips about your 'fake fainting spell' died down as well and you had learned of another gossip that had been traveling within fukurodani's walls. Even now, sitting in the stands, you heard someone repeating it.

'hey did you hear why bokuto always looks up to the crowds in every match ?'

'No why?'

'for his girlfriend. Apparently, no matter how much he invites her, she never shows'

'really?! she must really hate volleyball....or him'

you frowned at the gossip and sat up from your ducked position, folding your arms on the seat in front of you and resting your chin on them.

you've heard the gossip before and it made each time he glance up there painful.

was it pity now that you knew the reason?