㋡𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞 2

a/n: wayyyy new

something about the sweet drink made acting way more easy. it made the room feel warmer. it made people smile with you more.

it made talking to bokuto easier.

it still tasted like a flavoured soda but something about it seemed to burn, and you thought it to be the acid.

"so your uncle never knew it was you?" he tried to hide his laugh under his hand. "how could I ever tell him that I accidentally posted the picture of his bald spot on Facebook, that was a really serious time in the world kou-kun" you tried to convince him of the seriousness but he only seemed to laugh more.

"A serious time in the world" he repeated full on laughing, eyes crinkling as his body rocked and though you tried to remain serious, you began to laugh too.

acting like bokuto's girlfriend wasn't a very demanding role. you still both talked as normally and there was still a respectable way about how his arm hung around your waist. dangling comfortably

nothing felt forced. in fact it felt more natural than your regular interactions.

sato for one seemed to be convinced by the natural synergy you both had now that you were more comfortable and decided not to press you both any further.

but that was unnoticed. this was no longer about the audience. the walls had grown smaller to only include you both.

when you had surprisingly went to sing a song, his cheering on was all you could hear. and when he went for his turn at karaoke, serenading sato with a romance song, it was the only song you paid attention to.

it was the most fun you had in years. in fact there wasn't a time you thought of that could top this night.

but it was getting late and no matter how much you prayed the night would never end, that was a prayer that could never be answered.

you had all left but you and bokuto decided to lengthen the night chatting in the back of his car. the rain had started to fall heavily and he was waiting it out.

he told you stories of his family as well, his three sisters that were very much interested in his life as if it was a blog. About his first interactions with keiji who hated his guts at first. He even went on to tell you about how he started playing volleyball and his future.

"I never ever want to stop playing volleyball. I want to play regionally, nationally, internationally. across the galaxy if I could. I will never be happy outside of the court and I'd rather die if that time ever comes. I think when I was born I must have came out asking for a set" he said and you leant on his shoulder tiredly and chuckled.

"bokuto-san that's so silly" you said and he let out a humorous breath.

"kou-kun" he corrected you and you hummed an apology. "kou-kun" you corrected yourself.

" when I get kids, I will teach them everything I know too...and they'll know there's no pressure at all to go for corporate jobs. but I won't force them, whatever they like is okay" bokuto seemed to ramble about the future and you fell quiet.

your imagination filled with his rambles. about a much older version of him playing around with younger resemblances with him.

why did it hurt that you couldn't imagine yourself into his dream?

"bo.....kou-kun would be a good teacher...they'll have the best coach."you consoled him and he scoffed "of course, I'm the best ace in all Japan" and once again you laughed a bit.

"I wonder at what age ill start balding" bokuto said using a hand to tease his spiked hair and your hand went to the nape of his neck teasing the hair, "Maybe 25, with all the product"