㋡𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

Start from the beginning

bokuto-san was very sociable and considerate .

within moments you had stopped by a convenience store to get pastries and coffee and then you were both soon seated in the stalls in the middle rows.

"There aren't many people here " you commented leaning your arms on the seat in front of you and he smiled.

"that's because they're unrefined gems. their first years are pretty brilliant. I've noticed from some of their other matches I've been to. But they still need basic practice and support from their seniors"

"you sound like a retired player" you mumbled causing him to snort and laugh "I just now realized that I do."

"do you plan to retire?"

"Never. Volleyball is my life you know" he breathed as he leaned back and stared at the ceiling. "the day I quit volleyball, prepare your best marksman"

It's this determination and commitment that makes me respect you so much.

"has fukurodani ever played against them?" you asked trying to steer the conversation from talks of the future you watched him shove his hands in his hoodie jacket and look back at you.

"Nah. to be honest. I wouldn't want to" he said and you winced causing him to glance at you. finally realising, bokuto breathed a laugh when he noticed how arrogant his statement sounded.

"not like that darling-"

darling

"-let me explain and I'll try to do it in the most humble and direct way. their team is struggling. the third years are doubtful, the second years are turning into their seniors, yet the first years keep fighting to...be noticed. 'I'm here! I'm different! Look at me! give me a chance' I can basically hear them beg with each play they make."

"Fukurodani is a powerhouse that tramples its opponents regardless of their strength. I bet you can imagine what would happen if they both met on the same court...."

Oh

"what I'm saying is, I don't want to be responsible for killing their love for volleyball" he said with a sad smile as he watched the teams line up before taking their sides.

"bokuto-san is very cool" you found yourself mumbling as you leaned your head onto your arms and stared at him, hoping it would be drowned by the cheers as the whistle blowed. surprisingly he breathed a laugh and smiled as his eyes moved to you again.

"am I?" he asked with slightly hooded eyes and you averted your gaze nervously causing him to laugh. "Let's make sure to cheer for them okay?" he said and you nodded.

During both sets, you were able to pick up on the observations bokuto made. Silently you began to wish for them to hold on as the first years tried to persevere both against their opponents and their teammates.

You watched the first-year try to move to the right off of his gut feeling and the third year dragged him back to the left. Pride over prowess.

the ball was spiked to the unexpecting right side and you watched the first year lower his head silently.

"oh no " you found yourself muttering and soon enough bokuto began to cheer aloud with a grin.