I'm Not Sure This Is Entirely Safe

We were at Dr Roylott's house. We'd eventually got there after visiting Percy again - he had an alibi, Sherlock was frustrated.

Helen was there this time and was complaining about feeling ill. We weren't sure if it was grief over her sister's death or something else.

"We need to live here for a night, Doctor." Sherlock stated. Roylott looked at him, shocked.

"Is that okay with you?" I asked. Sherlock hadn't told me this plan of his so I was just playing along.

"Is that really compulsory?" He asked.

I looked to Sherlock.

"Yes, it will further the investigation of your stepdaughter's murder, isn't that good Doctor Roylott?" He said, getting intensive.

"I suppose you can - if it helps." The man reasoned.

"Great." Sherlock clamped his hands together. "Where will we be staying?"

We were led upstairs and into a large bedroom. It continued the theme of the rest of the house - white, glossy and expensive.

"This is- ...was her bedroom." He choked.

There was one big bed in the middle of the room.

"I'll sleep on the ground." I said, looking at it.

Sherlock didn't hear me as he was swooshing about and inspecting the place.

"I'll leave you two to have a look around. Please find Julia's killer." He said sobbing.

"We'll try." I assured.

He nodded sadly and shut the door.

I watched Sherlock dart about for a while. I looked at my phone: 20:27.

"Wow, it's late." I said.

"Time?" He asked.

"Half eight."

He nodded. "Right." He put his mini magnifying glass back into his jacket and stood upright. "She came home from a night out, but didn't get too drunk."

I nodded to confirm I understood so far.

"She came in, got undressed and went into a bath." We walked through into the bathroom. "Washed then got out."

I nodded again.

He paused for a second then clutched his head, shouting, "Aargh! I can't think!"

I froze - he was quite intimidating when he was angry. He stormed back into the room and sat down with his hands in a prayer position. I sighed then looked out of the window.

It was around 10pm now and he was still in his mindpalace. I put my jacket on the ground and took a pillow from the bed. I lay down and slowly fell asleep.

When I awoke I was lying on top of Julia's bed and Sherlock was standing at the end, staring at me. I coughed, "How- uh, how long have you been there?"

"4 hours."

I rubbed the back of my neck. "Why?"

"I was thinking, while waiting for you to wake up."

I nodded awkwardly, getting up and checking my phone: 03:12. I rubbed my face. "You worked it out yet?" I asked.

"No." He muttered.

"Okay then."

We sat for a few minutes in silence - Sherlock went into the bathroom to have a look around again.