Work and Leisure

After my 'resurrection', Sherlock went back to Baker Street and I watched TV for a while. I got up early the next day.

I got ready and ate breakfast before heading out to work. The cab arrived at the building. I paid him, got out then rushed inside: eager to get started.

"Mary." I smiled, making my way over to the woman who was waiting behind the reception.

"Sophie! Hi." She beamed. I noticed how beautiful her smile was, it was so big and would make her face light up. "You ready?"

"As I'll ever be. Bit nervous though." I admitted.

"Aw, you'll be fine!" She got up and led me through to the room. After showing me how to work the computer system and intercom thing for the third time, she left.

A notification came up on the computer, it told me who my first patient was..: Mrs Turnberry - Throat Infection.

The day went on slowly. Mary would come in every 30 minutes or so to check up on me. She was lovely.

I looked to the clock. 18:17.
Only just over 10 minutes left, thank goodness.

Mary came in. "Hi Sophie."

"Hi."

"You haven't got any more patients so you can go if you like." She smiled. "If anyone else comes in I'll just get John to do it."

I chuckled. "Thank you, Mary."

"No bother."

I smiled at her as I put on my coat and scarf.

"Do you want to come for dinner with John and I sometime? I'm going to ask Sherlock too - see how he reacts." She giggled.

"I'd love to!" I said.

I laughed at the thought of Sherlock eating dinner at a table with people, wine and conversation. It seemed against his nature. "Good luck with asking Sherlock. I just spent three whole days with him. He didn't eat dinner once."

"Three days? I'd be pulling my hair out!" She joked. "I don't want to be nosy but, why?"

"He wanted me to pretend to be dead so he could observe Greg's reaction."

"Greg?"

"Lestrade."

"Oh. Why would he be important to Sherlock?"

"I'm Greg's - kind of - stepdaughter."

"Wow. I didn't know."

"Yeah. He basically brought me up."

Mary nodded in understanding. "I'll invite him along too, then." She smiled. "Well, I'd best let you be off."

"See you, Mary." I said before picking up my bag and leaving.

I decided walk back to the house.

As I was half way through my journey, I got a text.

Come to Baker Street if convenient.
SH

I furrowed my eyebrows. SH? Was that Sherlock Holmes? How did he get my phone number? I guess it didn't really surprise me, since his brother worked for the government, and this is Sherlock we're talking about.

It's not convenient.
ST

I was nearly back home.

Come anyway.
SH

I sighed. I did want to go there but I couldn't be bothered.

Just home from work. Not coming.
ST