Fantasy turning into Reality

Neysa Bahudur Ahuja

"Noooooo" I brought my hands in order to cover my face especially eyes. Fear engulfed me as a blanket.

Never have I ever been this terrified in life. I don't know how I could protect myself. I couldn't keep my eyes closed in anticipation of what's happening in front of me and couldn't keep my eyes open because of the horrifying sight.

Both the wild wolf and Oscar fighting with each other furiously making me cringe at the view. Though Oscar seem to have upper hand from the little peeks I had through the gaps between my fingers.

'Please let this pass, let this be a bad dream' I kept mumbling those words again and again trying to open my eyes and check if I woke up on my bed.

I started crying at some point as this is not a dream but reality and that fact sunk into my brain finally. Millions of thoughts running through my mind.

"Shhh it's ok" a pair of arms circled around my body which doesn't make me stop my melo drama. After couple of minutes I calmed down, stepping out of the embrace to look at the person's face.

"Are you okay?" Oisin asked me with worry filled eyes taking my face into both of his hands. All the while I totally forgot about him. I could only recall seeing Oscar-

"W-where's Oscar? D-did some- something happen to him?" I asked looked around desperately. I owe him my life twice. Though he's an animal he saved me which is unbelievable.

"He's fine.......he went away chasing the animal. Don't worry he totally got it" he said like it was nothing, like it's his daily activity.

"Can you just drop me home now?" I asked him urgently cause I need to calm down. I suddenly feel home sick.

"Actually!! I can't. It looks like a little dangerous now. I think it's best you stay at my place tonight-"

"But I wanted see my family now" I said looking at my hands which were clasped in between us. I feel like crying again.

"I totally understand and I want to do that for you. But I can't take any risks with you and don't want to think of running into this kind of trouble again. I'm so sorry" I get it!! I get what he's trying to say and I agree with him, but my mind still couldn't accept it.

I once again cried hugging him tightly. I think I look like a total loser but I don't care, not when I just faced my death so close.

"Let's go" he carried me bridal style to the car. If this is any other situation, I would be a tomato by now. But now I couldn't, I'm too consumed by the situation. The car ride was silent. Neither of us spoke a word. Lost in our own thoughts.

"Common sweety" that brought me out of my thoughts. The word sweety made me think of my family members, for a second I thought one of them was here.

Till now I didn't notice the missing shirt on him revealing his upper body. I took his extended hand and got out of the car. His mom came running to me hugging me tightly while his dad was asking him something which I couldn't hear.

I was directed to a room and after a while blankly staring at the ceiling lying on the bed, I started to notice the surroundings realising that it is Oisin's room. Soon I fell asleep, his scent on the sheets making me help in calming down.

I woke up suddenly from my sleep. Finding myself in Oisin's arms, I tried to look for a clock to check the time. Placing my hand on his right hand that encircled me I looked at it remembering the times we spent and the events that happened.

While I was about to turn to face him, something caughty eye on his arm in underneath the hand band he had. It's the thread I tied to Oscar.

I looked at the knot to see if it's the same knot I tied on that day. To my dismay, it's the same. I can't help but think of the possibilities as I'm pretty sure that one couldn't untie the thread.