Wolves and Embarrassment

Neysa Bahadur Ahuja

'Neysa!! are you listening to me? Please wake up'

'Neysa? Babe!!'

'Don't do this. I'm going crazy'

I tried to open my eyes cause it's dark in here. I don't know where I'm but the shadows in the dark scaring me.

"Ahh....." the light in the room made me squirm a little, trying to adjust to the sudden brightness. I looked around to find white walls and felt the little squeez on my right hand. I turned my head to find Oisin?!

"Wha- .......ughh" my throat dried up making me cough. I tried to sit up but he held me by my shoulder making me lie down.

"Just stay. you are weak" his voice sounded strained like he's struggling, like he's in pain?!

I closed my eyes, staying in the hospital bed thinking of how I ended up here. With rush of last night's memories I opened my eyes immediately sitting up and taking my hand away from his hold. He looked hurt but quickly covered it up.

"I think you should leave" I said looking at the other side.

"I......can you......ok" It felt like he wanted to say something but I couldn't ask, not him after witnessing him changing into a wolf. I wanted to think it's a dream! at least for my own sanity.

He slowly stood up from the stool and went to the door. Before closing the door he turned to me giving one last look and saying 'take care', all this time I didn't dare to look at him. I don't know if this is the fear inside me or the fact that I couldn't accept it.

"Neysa!!" in came Princy with worried look.

"How're you feeling?"

"Glad that you still remember me" I said with a smirk.

"Of course I do"

"Are you okay?"

"I guess" I said in a low voice.

"What happened?" he took my hand and looked at me. I knew he could see that I've something going on in my mind.

"Nothing!! Let's get out of here"

"Woah!! calm down. Doc has to decide that"

"I just passed out and not a big deal" I was about to get down but he stopped me.

"This is not your first time, if I might remind you. And you're out for 8 hours"

"What?! you're kidding right! I......I think I was just tired. It's night time so.....I might have slept you know"

"Nah.....not happening. I only take doc's word unless you want me to inform this whole thing to your family"

"And by the way it's day time" what?! I realised then I just mixed it up with last night.

"Fine!! Go and call a doc now"

After waiting for eternity the doc finally showed up and said that I could leave. When I reached home I was anxious thinking of how to explain this situation. I don't know what reason Oisin said or if Princy said anything about today.

"Pumpkin"

"Sweety"

"Little one"

"Neha" came all voices at once, when I walked through the front door. They flooded me with hugs and kisses. No one ever dared to ask about what happened. I was taken back cause I was expecting lot of questions from them.

But seeing how relieved they're, I guess me coming 1 day late pretty much scared them. I was directed to my room, without any delay I jumped into shower and changed.