The Journey

Neysa Bahadur Ahuja

"Good morning"

"Aaaaaaaghhhh.....you startled me!!" Placing the hand on my heart I looked at the girl infront of me. I can't believe that she's standing here!! It's been 2 freaking days and obviously I stared at her long enough for my brain to register that she's the girl from my dreams. But I didn't say that part to her.

Her wounds were mostly healed and when she asked me how I got to know about the medicine, I have no answer. I, myself have no idea what I'm doing or where am I going that day. As crazy as it sounds, I went with my gut feeling or more like my brain guiding me.

"Good morning, Iyla. How are you feeling?" I asked looking at her very young and beautiful face.

"Better.........so are you ready?"

"Yes" I'm terrified inside to go out of our hiding place. Somehow no one came looking for us, especially the red eyes. I shaked the thought away. I would rather be in a thought that I'm strong than thinking of them and be afraid.

"Look......I have something to talk" I said nervously cause I'm not sure if she will agree with me.

"What is it? I will be happy to help with anything I can. I'm so grateful for saving me-"

"You should stop saying that. And what I actually wanted to talk about is me leaving" silence that's what I got.

"Before you say anything, I have something else to add. I would like you to come with me. But only if you are willing" I added quickly. She was quite. I know she's thinking about it. Maybe a lot of scenarios going on in her head right now.

"I know that you hardly knew me and I'm a human who recently got to know about the existence of you guys and all. But Oisin who claimed me to be his mate......he will definitely help you" I sighed shutting my mouth. It seems like I'm ranting on to convince her and I don't want that. I want her to make the choice based on her thoughts about me or trusting me or the whole idea.

I still remember how she looked at me with doubt and being cautious around me after she gained full conscious. Who wouldn't?!! I turned around to walk out of the old cottage making up my mind that I have to continue the journey back home alone, if I had one anymore......

"I'll go with you" she said but I couldn't understand the words as I was in my own world of sorrow.

"What?" My voice barely audible. As I turned to face her she gave a small smile which turned into a big one while she repeated her words.

I forced a small smile and suppressed the sad thoughts. I will deal with them once I return. I will get all my answers and I will make sure of it.

"I think we shouldn't delay anymore then. I actually don't know the way. Do you know the area around and surrounding wolf communities?!" She chuckled at my choice of my words but not sure which words.

So I asked "what's so funny?"

"Wolf communities??" Then she burst into full on laughter. I stood there confused, they did stay like a community what's wrong in using it. I shrugged my shoulders and then waited patiently for her to stop. Soon a frown dawned upon my face when she still continued.

"Okay!!! Enough, we have more pressing matte-"

"It's called pack not community or anything" then it hit. I heard the word pack one or two times.

"Okay now tell me if the name Oisin or Conall ring a bell?"

"What's the pack name?" I stared at her with a blank face. I didn't even know that community has a name. Wrong......that pack has a name.