Kyoshi

Lyra's POV

We landed and I dismounted onto the ground and found something amiss.

The ground was covered in a light blanket of snow which connected the water in the ocean.

I found an odd disturbance in the water. I went to investigate, but I hadn't even gotten a step closer as Sokka pulled me back.

"It's dangerous!" He warned.

"Sokka!" I groaned.

I returned to Appa with my lips in a pout.

"We just made a pit stop earlier, shouldn't we get some more flying done before we camp out?" Sokka asked Aang.

I grumbled, almost certain I knew why we had landed.

"He's right, at this rate we won't get to the north pole until spring." Katara agreed.

"But Appa's tired already. Aren't you boy?" Aang asked the bison.

Appa didn't respond, except for a quiet breath.

"I said, aren't you boy?" Aang hinted to the bison which gave a very fake yawn.

I laughed, he wasn't fooling me. Though I wouldn't complain. I was by water, I was happy.

"Yeahh, that was real convincing. Still, hard to argue a ten ton magical monster." Sokka stated.

Aang gasped and grabbed my wrist pulling me close to the waters edge.

Sokka, and Katara protested.

"Look!" Aang shouted pointing over the waves.

"Guys, I'm fine- Oh my God! What is that thing?!" I asked shocked as my mouth dropped open.

"That's why we're here." Aang stated as he removed his overclothes, and tossed them aside.

From what I could see there was several massive elephant- koi swimming in the bay.

But....

There was also a huge snake thing.

Aang jumped into the water and broke the surface yelling about the icy water.

"Katara! Sokka! There's more than elephant koi in there!" I warned.

Katara shrugged,

"Aang will be okay, he has his airbending." Katara assured.

My jaw dropped.

"I give up!" I cried as I stormed away, throwing my hands into the air.

Turns out being angry makes it difficult to sense heartbeats.

I found that out the hard way.

I also found out it was very difficult to bend with my hands tied.

Around six people leapt down from the trees, silently detaining me.

They were gloved and were quick making it difficult to react in time.

I was dragged to a pole where I was left there for several minutes.

I heard a man's voice.

"Why are you blindfolded?" The man asked me as he approached.

I sent a fierce look in his direction.

"Oh, I don't know, maybe because I have a obvious scar!" I growled at him.

He circled me and I kicked a wave of snow towards him.

My attacked had missed him, barely. But it left him open to tear the blindfold from my face. I could hear it ripping in the process.

I glared in his direction my feet failing me with my boots on.

He gasped as well as a few others.

"Don't look!" I yelled burying my face within my shirt.

I felt naked without it.

Sokka, Aang, and Katara were tied to the pole alongside me.

The warriors returned as well.

"You four have some explaining to do." The man stated.

"And if you don't answer all our questions we're throwing you back in the water with the unagi!" A female voice threatened. Likely one of the warriors whom had ambushed us.

"Give me back my blindfold!" I protested. Fighting against the ropes.

Sokka growled,

"You took off her blindfold?! Gah! Show yourselves, cowards!" Sokka yelled.

I heard the blindfold being pulled off and I hid my face as much as possible.

"Who are you?! Where are the men who ambushed us?!" Sokka questioned.

I would've facepalmed if I could.

He was gonna get us killed.

"There were no men! We ambushed you! Now tell us, who are you? And what are you doing here?" The same warrior interrogated us.

The snow fell lightly in invisible flakes.

Finally, I could see.

I was right six warriors.

"Wait a second! There's no way a bunch of girls took us down." Sokka said cockily.

"Sokka...." I hissed a warning.

The girl marched forward, rightly angry.

"A bunch of girls, huh? The unagi's gonna eat well tonight." She stated grabbing his collar.

"No!" I cried.

He may have been sexist, but he was still my brother.

"No, don't hurt him! He didn't mean it! Our brother's just an idiot sometimes!" Katara defended and I nodded quickly.

"It's my fault." Aang jumped in.

"I'm sorry we came here. I wanted to ride the elephant koi." Aang apologized.

"How do we know you're not firenation spies?!" The man asked accusingly.

I shook my head no quickly.

"Kyoshi, stayed out of the war so far.  And we intend to keep it that way!" The man whom I had decided to call Mr. Grumps as 'the man' was getting old, real quick.

Aang's head shot up at recognition of the name, Kyoshi.

"This island is named for Kyoshi? I know Kyoshi!" Aang smiled.

Mr. Grumps simply laughed.

"He's telling the truth!" I protested.

"How could you possibly know her? Avatar Kyoshi was born here 400 years ago. She's been dead for centuries!" He stated matter of factly.

"I know her because I'm the Avatar." Aang stated truthfully.

"That's impossible! The last Avatar was an airbender that disappeared a hundred years ago!" The lead warrior argued.

"That's me!" Aang confirmed brightly.

"Throw the imposter to the unagi!" Mr. Grumps ordered as the warriors moved in.

"Aang..." I urged as my heart rose within my chest. Pumping a mile a minute.

"Aang, do some airbending." Katara pushed.

I nodded quickly.

I felt a sudden whoosh of wind as Aang broke the ropes holding him and floated to the ground.

I heard several gasps of amazement, and suprise.

"It's true, you are the Avatar." Mr. Grump said amazed.

"Now.. check this out!" Aang grinned pulling the marbles from his clothes, and spun them midair.

I covered my face with my hands.

Worst day ever.

Sooo that's the new chapter. I hope you guys enjoyed! Until next time! Stay safe and healthy! And have a good day my Bookworms. I'll see you in the next one!"
-Rose